Retiring in Georgia

Hello All,

my husband and i are planing on moving to Georgia to retire , we are also planing on buying our first home here, any advice on how to find a home and the best places to live ? we are also wondering how dog friendly is Georgia ?

Looking forward to hear about the same subject

no one seems interested to help ;/

Try and get a handle on the language;make a good impression."Georgian is a complex language,but not really complicated."

Hello Angel, there are not many people here to answer you, only people who want to emigrate thats why you people dont get answers, I will try to answer

What you mean if Georgia is dog friendly, people there have dogs and if you ask me personally i dont like pets( at home but love them outside), this kind of people are everywhere

as for the house what you mean ''best place'', first tell what is 'best'' place for you, do you mean the center, city, suburbs,  village,, etc, what
and of course it depends what amount do you have for that
When you answer the questions i will try to answer you

Hi Anna,

We are also interested to retire in Georgia,

We have two kids in grade 10 and grade 6 so we would like to settle down in a place near to school and college.

We don't speak Georgian and the kids have never studied the language is it possible to find to schools without Georgian language.

Please guide us with areas and places which will have cleaner flats / houses.

The best place to live would be capital, tbilisi if you prefer to live in a city where basic needs are present.

Dogs are all around us in here and even tho they are homeless, they are always lovely and friendly

There are few schools here which sometimes teach in English language, but Georgian language is still mandatory in there so kids will still be required to learn it if they want to finish school here

Questions and answers about housing

Ask your question
Vake or Pekin Street to live?
By manolo1
Housing in rural Adjara
By tariqmchamburgers
Buying property in the Georgia
By pilapila
Housing in Georgia
By Julien
Georgia flatshare
By Christine
Buying property in Georgia
By Christine

Expatriate health insurance in Georgia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Georgia

Moving to Georgia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Georgia

Travel insurance in Georgia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Georgia

Flights to Georgia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Georgia