In need of wedding anniversary ideas.....nice restaurant.

Hi everyone,

I am a new member of the board having moved to Riyadh about two months ago.  Before moving here, this board was a wealth of information for me.  Anyway,  The hubster and I are about to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary.  I would love to be able go out to dinner....someplace really nice and dare I say romantic (we don't go out to eat without the kids much, so looking forward to some alone time with him).  If anyone has any restaurant suggestions, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum! I've only been here for a few months myself so I am still finding good places to eat.
My husband works in the Al Faisaliyah Tower where there are a few restaurants, he often takes clients out for dinner (but not me :( ) and aparently they are very nice.

The link for the Faisaliyah website is: Al Faisaliyah Dining

I hope that helps!
Zara xx

zara777 wrote:

Hi,
Welcome to the forum! I've only been here for a few months myself so I am still finding good places to eat.
My husband works in the Al Faisaliyah Tower where there are a few restaurants, he often takes clients out for dinner (but not me :( ) and aparently they are very nice.

The link for the Faisaliyah website is: Al Faisaliyah Dining

I hope that helps!
Zara xx

Hi Zara,

Thanks for the info.  I have heard about a restaurant, I think it's called the Globe.  That's the one in Faisaliyah, I think.  So far, it is at the top of my list unless I find something better.

Thanks for the info.  I have heard about a restaurant, I think it's called the Globe.  That's the one in Faisaliyah, I think.  So far, it is at the top of my list unless I find something better.

Actually there are 3 restaurants in the tower that you can consider; 11A, 22A and the globe. The higher you go, the more luxurious and more expensive it gets.

Beantowngal - Welcome to KSA and the Forum!  We are so glad to have another woman join us.  :top:   

I concur with Zara & Mad, those are the best of restaurants here in the city that I know of for a bit of upscale ambiance and quality. 

So Im so glad that you decided to step out and post a note!  You will have to join us in some wonderful conversation and hopefully participate in our next get together.   I will be out of the country for a week but when I get back maybe we can meet for lunch or coffee.  Feel free to PM me and we can chat a bit more. 

Again, welcome to the Kingdom!  :)

CAF - Thanks for the nice welcome.  I love reading this forum.  You guys are so witty.  I am not quite as funny or quite as witty, but I will try to chime in from time to time.  Would love to meet for lunch or coffee.  PM me when you get back so we can arrange it. 

Based on the responses so far, it is looking like Faisaliyah for dinner, but I still have about a week to decide.

Count on it and Enjoy!  Congratulations on your Anniversary! 

We are going on 27yrs...   :blink:

I would recommend Faisaliah 22A

Beantowngal wrote:

CAF - Thanks for the nice welcome.  I love reading this forum.  You guys are so witty.  I am not quite as funny or quite as witty, but I will try to chime in from time to time.  Would love to meet for lunch or coffee.  PM me when you get back so we can arrange it. 

Based on the responses so far, it is looking like Faisaliyah for dinner, but I still have about a week to decide.

You don't have to be witty, just a little bit mad and able to laugh at yourself and others :lol::lol::lol:

CAF - count me in on any coffee meet-ups, I always love to meet my fellow bloggers :)

Welcome to the Blog Beantowngal - cant say welcome to Riyadh cos youve been playing in the sandpit for a while now.

Agree with Zara - you need to be a little insane to be a blogger no wit needed - Zara even makes up these tea parties and pretends to invite us but we had fun just thinking about going to her party :D

Enjoy :)

I don't know what floor "E'ntrecote" is, can't see it on the website. It's reasonably priced, but the food isn't that "mouth watering"

So I'd stay out of that one. It is a special place to go to though, the view on any of the floors is great. Just make sure you go at night. Riyadh looks best at night, otherwise you'll just see cars, water towers, and the military airport. The lights at night make it great to see.

22A is the French Restaurant
11A is Lebanese and all Arab food but great buffet
Globe is international cuisine
I still prefer 22 & 11 to Globe. They are much more cosy. Esp for the occasion... Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum..
You've got it right, this forum is like a cosy warm room in the winter, and posting messages back and forth with all the loveley member is just great. And CAF is so welcoming that she even makes a forum feel like home.

As for the restaurant, I thought I would lay my idea out there. (Maybe someone will take a hint)
L'olimpo, right at the beginning of tahlia st. It has a perfect romantic atmosphere, as well as exquisite italian cuisine.
If you are looking for chinese food, 'Diamond' would be my recommendation. One is located in the localizer mall at tahlia st. And the other one is on orouba-takhasusi st.

Those two have reasonable prices and amazing romantic atmosphere.
Both have dimmed lighting and also open and closed areas.

Best of luck.. Happy Anniversary...

Hey girl,welcome to the forum.Its always good to have more ladies in the forum.Its our Women dominating forum :cheers:
Hai-na Hai-na?(=funny way to say "isn't it" in Urdu language):P

scalini (Da Italian Restaurant) in Dq if you do not want to wear Abaya
and I agree with Nina L'olimpo could be a beautiful choice due to the ambiance :)

My personal recommendation would be Íl Villagio in Centria Mall. If you choose to sit outdoor there its great they only put a small lantern and some candles on your table. The food is also good.

It's located at the intersection of Tahlia and Olaya St. and in simple way its between Faisaliah and Kingdom Tower.

The Faisaliah tower restaurants 11A and 22 are not recommended, the seating at 22 is great but they have only like 4 items in their menu 11A is worse than that in terms of food.

There is one more restaurant by the name of Cento per Cento located in Olaya behind Jareer Bookstore. The ambience and the food there is also great.

These are all good options if you don't like to overspend at SPAZIO in Four Seasons Hotel.

Nina_01 wrote:

L'olimpo, right at the beginning of tahlia st. It has a perfect romantic atmosphere, as well as exquisite italian cuisine.

+1 on Nina_01's recommendation as well.

and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY :)

The choices depend entirely on taste...

beezer wrote:

I don't know what floor "E'ntrecote" is, can't see it on the website. It's reasonably priced, but the food isn't that "mouth watering"

So I'd stay out of that one. It is a special place to go to though, the view on any of the floors is great. Just make sure you go at night. Riyadh looks best at night, otherwise you'll just see cars, water towers, and the military airport. The lights at night make it great to see.

I would recommend a nice restaurant at Fanueil Hall, but that's not gonna happen, now, is it?

The Italian restaurants suggested sound best.  You can imagine you are in the North End (except for the lack of a bottle of wine).

Happy Anniversary.

HELLO EVERY BODY
IF YOU WISH TO ENJOYED AN EUROPEEN QUALITY OF FOOD SPECIALY FRENCH YOU SHOULD TRY THE FRENCH CORNER IN RIYADH NEAR MAMA NOURA  DABBAD STREET AND SULEYMANIAH STREET
I WISH YOU WILL HAVE A NICE MEALS AND DELICIOUS PASTRIES AS WELL
I KNOW THIS PLACE
GG

I was thinking for French Corner but i didnt get a recommendation so i avoided to go there but now i may got there:)

Hi gaston/michel! Please avoid using your caps lock on the forum. Thank you very much. :)

Happy anniversary to Beantowngal! :)

Cheers..
Christine

If youve tasted the CRAB Curry at Malaz Restaurant on Olaya Street you would freak out. Its spicy hot and a typical Indian (Kerala) style restaurant thats not very comfortable, even in the Family Section. The turnover is absolutely unbelievable. Guys have to take a number to get a seat in the afternoons on work days.

Trust me on this one, your best bet is Trader Vicks over at Panorama mall, the ambiance is WONDERFUL you get to see the chef cooking + the food is best of the best + the service is ROYAL!!!

That or Spazio at Al mamlaka, from our experience I won't recommend Faysaliya globe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO HELLO LOT OF RESTAURANT IN RYADH WITH DIFFERENTS ASPECTS AND DECORATION  BUT JUST FEW FOR THE QUALITY FOR MY PART FOR THE  PRICE THE QUALITY THE SERVICE I THINK FRENCH CORNER IS ONE OF THE BEST
GG

I wouldn't recommend Globe as well. My money would be "The Noodle Shop" in Centria Mall on Olaya street. Nice "close to authentic" singaporean food. Decent ambience. Definitely worth the expense in my book.

Hi Gaston/Michael,

Welcome to the blog  :)

THANKS

Do you work at French Corner @gaston/michael

hello slyshooter
i have start to open this bakery pastry taiteur and restaurant in 1979 with three another french guys
and i am back in riyadh from at least 5 years in french-corner

French Corner is a great place for its pastries and cakes

gaston/michel wrote:

hello slyshooter
i have start to open this bakery pastry taiteur and restaurant in 1979 with three another french guys
and i am back in riyadh from at least 5 years in french-corner

Do you do any organic bread or pastry as well. We are looking for suppliers

Nina - Thanks for the tip on L'olimpo,! :):)   I have been looking for a great italian restaurant for sometime and this sounds wonderful!  We've been to one on King Fahad Hwy before Kingdom Tower (on the So bound side), but the food & service weren't great, not to mention the athmosphere...  So hubby & I will have to check this out...  :)

Sly & Gaston - Welcome to the forum.  So glad you decided to join us!  Im sure that you will enjoy the conversation and the friendships that you will make here.  Looking forward to your continued participation.

Thanks

HELLO
ACTUALLY I WISH TO BE ABLE TO DO ORGANIC PASTRIES AND BREAD
THE PROBLEM IS TO BE SURE OF OUR SUPPLIERS AND AS WELL I HOPE TO STARTED FROM MIDDLE OF NOVEMBER BUT MORE SURE STARTING OF DECEMBER AS YOU HAVE TO BE SURE OF A REGULAR SUPLLY FROM OUR SUPPLIERS
I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN OUR PRODUCTION WILL STARTED AS LOT OF CLIENTS ASK ME ALREADY FOR ORGANIC BREAD AND PASTRY
HAVE A NICE DAY
GASTON

Looks like Gaston needs a new KB? His caps lock seems to be stuck.

Another great place in town for cakes, cup cakes, and sweets is Sugar Sprinkles located on the northern side of Takhasusi Road in the Mohamediya district. Tel: 229 0505

Great cup cakes (best I have had in Riyadh to date) although a bit pricey.

And the Wooden Bakery?  I still like that place since it resembles the Moulin Rouge! :)

Oh, and hi, sly -- Welcome to the Forum!!  You seem quite knowledgeable so please, continue to share!!

And not to leave out Mr. Gaston, welcome (but please stop typing in all CAPS) :)

Hi Sly,

Welcome to the blog.

@Gaston - we are a great bunch if you need to rent a crowd to buy out your pasteries day before 'expiry date' - we good at crowd support and good at eating. Just put the notice on the blog and we will swoop in.

Keep cookin'