Blocked from leaving bahrain

hello all, maybe someone can help, I live in qatar, I used to be in bahrain and before that UAE. I had debt in the UAE which i recently settled, I have my release letter from the bank and the release letter from the government.

I travelled from qatar to bahrain for business, and when i tried to leave bahrain, i was stopped. I never had any loans in bahrain. I travelled from the airport to the lrma building in manama, to enquire what the issue is, immigration officer told me all he can see on the system is loan case. he also said its odd since i was here last year and the year before and i used to be resident. So I now have to go to main office tomorrow in diplomatic area. My question? I am not a citizen here in bahrain any more, I am a qatari expat. Is it possible that this is a misunderstanding and that the uae government has sent a warrant here, even though i settled my account in UAE, or is this now a separate case in bahrain? as i said, i never had any loans in bahrain?

If the loan amount is very high and you have defaulted it in the past, then usually the police of that country in GCC informs Interpol of such cases. May be that's why your name got flashed at the immigration. You may have to show them the documents that you have settled the loans completely. Usually the bank issues a NOC after loan settlement !

Cheers

I spoke to the bank in the UAE, they assured me my case was not an interpol case and that it was resolved.
So I can only assume it must be some outstanding payment in bahrain that I am not aware of. will hopefully find out tomorrow

So it turns out I had an outstanding menatelecom account 30bd , and for that they slammed a travel ban on me. they never tried to contact me by email or phone...... nice system they have in place here :)

very unfortunate situation, i always believe it is us who have to take the responsibility and get a written confirmation to make sure all the accounts are properly closed before exiting the country.

pilot73 wrote:

So it turns out I had an outstanding menatelecom account 30bd , and for that they slammed a travel ban on me. they never tried to contact me by email or phone...... nice system they have in place here :)

that happened to a friend of mine. Menatelecom pursued him relentlessly... and it wasn't even right. It was their error. In the end, to get them off his back, he simply paid them when they threatened legal action several times.

What I learned from this: NEVER take out a contract with Menatelecom. ALWAYS get written notice that your account with ANY contract service in Bahrain is closed and that there is no debt outstanding.

:/  Dont blame the kingdom or menatelecom ,
Simple formula in the kingdom
if you are not paying any bill ( specially from telecom companies ) more than 12 months, most companies forwarding  these kind of cases to Debit collector firms ( legally very sharp and experienced in court matters) 😂😂😂 ...

im sure they have called you about your dues but unfortunately you ignored them . who cares 😂😂😂