A family move to KL with a 15 month old child? Please help

My husband has been offered a job in KL and we are looking into the pros and cons of moving.  Any help would be very much appreciated from families who have done this already.
Is there enough to do with a 15 month old? Are there good groups to join and is it easy to make friends.
My husband will be working 5 days a week, so i need to fill my time - will this be easy?

Is it expensive to live there?

Any information AT ALL will be greatly appreciated !!!

Hello Jenny and welcome to Expat.com :)

I've moved your topic to Kuala Lumpur's forum to give it a better visibility and I'm sure some of the active members of the forum will come forward with replies to your questions very soon!

Have a nice weekend further
Arlette

Hi Friends

I have been offered job at KL and planning to move with wife and 7 year old son. Please help me on the following points:-

Good Locality to Live (Cost to Company)
Good Indian School
Expected Salary for Chartered Accoutant
Social Atmosphre and cost of living in KL

Please help so that i can be well prepared.

I can't really give either of you very detailed responses, but my family and I moved here in August (9 year old daughter and 7 year old son). My husband and I teach at Cempaka Int'l School in Cheras, a suburb of KL.
To be honest, it's been difficult to get adjusted, but not impossible. If you live downtown or in an area with more expats, I think it will be much easier. Unfortunately, Cheras has very few Westerners and we are often stared at wherever we go here. But that is not the case in KL, Damansara, or Mont Kiara.
There is an American Association of Malaysia that has activities during the day which I can't attend because I'm working, and most (if not all) activities are for adults only.
It is pretty cheap to live here for the most part.
Hope that answers some of  your questions!
Good luck,
Sue

Well I have been living in Malaysia for last 13 years and I have 2 sons. We don't face any problem at all, its a peaceful country and people are usually quite friendly. Mont Kiara, Damansara, Petaling Jaya, USJ, Subang Jaya, Bangsar, Ampang. these are some of the good localities where you can find all the facilities such as schools, hospitals, shopping malls, recreation parks etc etc.

Ani212, here are some salary surveys for accountants:
1) accountantkey.com/the-salary-range-of-accounting-profession

2) myjobstreet.jobstreet.com/career-enhancer/basic-salary-report.php?param=accountant|000|my||my

YK Loh