Public cabs and medical insurance

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be moving to kuwait in a week and Id like to know how safe it is for a single woman to take a cab casually on her own. I suspect that that will be my reality now and again and I don't want to have to force my colleagues to go to places if they don't want to. I know that when I go to and from work I will have a hired driver but what if I want to go to the supermarket or the mall and need to hail a cab? Is it safe?

Also does anyone know whether dental insurance is inclusive in medical insurance provided by employers? And would I be expected to pay for meds at a pharmacy if I'm medically insured?

hello and welcome to Kuwait (in advance) :)

here's the deal, no sugar coating - i'll start with the esier question first - regarding dental insurance, you need to check the medical insurance policy that your school have. i',m 90% sure it should also include dental, just nothing cosmetic like whitening etc.

as for safety as a lady hailing a cab; took a bit of searching (ok a lot :P) but i managed to find this, an article i wrote regarding your main topic of concern; safety and taxis. i think it hits the nail on the head (not touting my own horn or anything)

have a read through, if oyu have any more Q's, please feel free to ask :)

Legacy, you are the best in here 👍

Legacy, if I would be working at Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research (KISR) or Kuwait University area, would you recommend me to live in the area of Salmiya or Hawally? And travel to work and go home by taxi (monthly hired taxi perhaps)? I note that Salmiya and KISR are quite a distance (~20km). Do you think if this move is acceptable/common and if it costs a lot (taxi fare)?

I read that Salmiya is rather happening.

taxi are safe, usually they put up thier ID and licence copies at the back ..