I need help with Salary Packaging please!

Hi,

I really need your help and advice concerning salary packaging.

I am due to start a contract job in the next couple of days and they have asked me what salary packaging company I work with- I don't even know what that is.

They also do not want to direct me to one due to conflicts of interest. But I am concerned with making poor choices if I go out an find one on my own without understanding what they are, how they make money off me, and what benefits I can get from the arrangement. Therefore I am hoping people here might please be able to help me!

I have been able to determine that salary packaging will save me money on my taxes, but I still don't know how to find the best company or if companies differ in what they offer. I am most interested in getting tax cuts for living expenses, since I do not need a car and already have a laptop, for my medical cover.

Please help! Thank you!

Sincerely, Erin

Well, dagaz1227

I also do not know what this is about :( but I hope that some other members of the forum will have the answer to that question very quick.

Wish you good luck in this new venture!
Have a nice weekend further
Arlette

Hi Erin,

Is this about LAFHA - Living Away From Home Allowance? As an expat, I have LAFHA component in my salary package and it does help in saving some tax.

Cheers,
Saini