Is it safe in Cagayan de oro for americans?Any subdivisions for Expats

I assure you it is safe now in the Philippines just as long as you're not committing to any illegal acts you'll be good to go. if you'll be needing a place to settle come and visit this subdivision in CDO and see the potentials of owning a house and lot and living at Cagayan de oro.

@scott1953  looking for a safe and affordable condo or apartment in Cagayan De Oro near the SM.  That's safe and affordable.  Can you give me any tips or the names of the places?

Hello Eric,

Welcome to expat.com!

You have unfortunately posted on a discussion that has been inactive since 2016.

However, I do hope that scott1953 responds to you soon.

In case you fail to find any answer, you can create your own discussion on the Cagayan de Oro forum.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Eric Davis Hello Eric, There is a condo complex in Upper Carmen called Primavera  across from the SM mall that i see has rentals at times.  I see a number of foreigners renting units there. Safe , flood free  area and 2  minute walk to mall. I recall one nite  rentals are around 2000 pesos and monthly   1 bedroom rentals run about 35,000 pesos.  24 hour  security guards and pool included. I rent a studio near by for 15,000 per month. Good luck and happy trails.

@Eric Davis Hello Eric, forgot to mention there are 2 SM malls in CDO. There is also a new SM downtown . The one i mentioned is in Uptown CDO. Much nicer area in Uptown then the downtown area. Safe and flood free. If you are new to the area better to rent a room at a hotel called Red Planet. It is next to the new SM mall downtown and lots to see and do in the area. That way you have the time to check out different areas that might interest you in living.  Rooms are a bit small but inexpensive like 1500 pesos per nite but clean and modern.