Post office services

Hello everyone.
thank you for your feedback, it has been helpful. Another question from me and i hope to get prompt replies.
How does post offices in India work? I mean are they fast and efficient or you may have to wait all year to receive parcels?
On delivery of parcel, are there charges attached for the recipient to pay?
What is the average time frame it takes for a parcel sent within an Asian country to arrive India?

Thank you.

I feel that the Post Office is much better then couriers. It is cheaper and usually a lot faster. Example. I order some books from Amazon. They sent as 3 parcels. 1 from Bangalore they sent using India Post, the other 2 Mumbai by courier. I am in Jammu & Kashmir. All 3 parcels dispatched on the same day. India Post reached first, even though it had the furthest to come.

I send parcels regularly overseas. Mainly Europe, using India post. My parcels go registered, so I can track them and its takes an average of 10-14 days to be received. I have sent Singapore, that was the same. Courier is too expensive for overseas, as is Speedpost, and it doesn't reach there any faster then registered airmail.

Thank you for your feedback really helpful i must say. one quick question ma'am, on delivery of your parcel by the Indian post, did you pay the post office for parcel received? The idea is i love to buy things online and for me it is a hobby so to speak. I just want to prepare my mind on coming to India what is obtainable. Assuming i have paid for my goods online, do i still pay the Indian post for delivery?

The couple if items I have bought online from overseas have reached me no problem. Odd packages from my family have not although labelled exactly the same way. I would possibly always request them to send via registered thrn at least you can track it.
I have never had to pay anything extra either from the post office or customs duty. But i would say it depends what you sre idering.
You can now get a lot of things online within India but you would ideally need an Indian credit or bank card. For some readon there is no option for foreign cards. If you are in a metro or big city, cash on delivery will possibly be available.
I hope this helps

Thank you so much. It helped my curiosity.

Also government Post offices in india do not accept electronic items when sending stuff. While receiving items from abroad via india post (being in a massive country) its as slow as china mail and customs can be a hassle. With my online shopping I just use DHL or Ems (this is india speed post) and usually its a good experience. EMS Takes about 3 weeks to deliver from europe/america with customs. DHL about a week to week and a half (they charge on top of customs a very heavy fee apart from shipping fee)

thank you.