ESL teaching opportunities in Iraq

Hi Can anybody provide me with information regarding salaried English teaching positions in Iraq? Thanks.

Well , it depends on the company you are working with ...if they offer you to work as a trainer ,,,so it depends on how many lessons you give per day ...but in general ...its between 2500$ to 3000$ per month...but also you can have a job as a linguistic if you like...now its good to look for this in Kurdistan since its a secured place plus its well growing in bussines...so this is good for you in general

Thanks for your posting. Do you have any recommendations or contacts in regards to applying for ESL teaching positions in Kurdistan? Thanks.

I'm considering accepting a teaching position at an international school (AIS).  I'm concerned about the
recent political unrest. Is Kurdistan (Erbil) safe for
american women?

Yes--very very safe.

drsalome wrote:

I'm considering accepting a teaching position at an international school (AIS).  I'm concerned about the
recent political unrest. Is Kurdistan (Erbil) safe for
american women?

What's your housing situation with AUS? Do they have a teachers' compound? I hadn't even realized that they'd be up and running by September.