Vietnames for free

Are u ready ??

Hello samphung

Could you please be more clear? What are you proposing and where?

Regards
Kenjee

Viet Names or Vietnamese free?
Seems this em oi is new to this forum  :)
Nothing is free in this world dear!

Cloud9 wrote:

This thread is pointless. I want my 5 seconds back!

The thread title is a typo.

"Welcome to my free Vietnamese lessons", she says in another thread.

charmavietnam wrote:

Viet Names or Vietnamese free?
Seems this em oi is new to this forum  :)
Nothing is free in this world dear!

Hmmm, I am teaching Vietnamese for free for foreigners every Sunday. And I have to drive about 20 kms and pay for my own coffee  :par:.
Should I charge some money to be a normal person huh  :o? Trời ơi  :lol:!

Hi,

Sorry for unclear thread. I have a free Vietnamese class in D7 every Saturday morning where the foreigners can share everything ab VN life not just learning language. It make me happy coz i not only give but also get sth from them.
After all sms, i realize that i should close this thread here coz "nothing is free". Pls, pls, pls "nothing is FREE in the world". Thanks, i will remember that.

ngattt wrote:

Should I charge some money to be a normal person huh?

I think, you should, especially when your time, money and sincere efforts are involved in it, as you said.
Otherwise, your (good) intentions could easily be misinterpreted!

I reckon, like many other languages in this world, Vietnamese too has a value attached to it.
It's up to you, as a VN national, to uphold it!
Else, you should call it 'language exchange', not 'teaching'. That's fair enough!

bia_hoi wrote:

I think, you should, especially when your time, money and sincere efforts are involved in it, as you said.

I am an IT lecturer, not language teacher. I am trying to help as much as I can. We are not exchange language, a club for foreigners practicing Vietnamese, we rarely talk in English.

And even with teaching IT, I think like doing charity :D, not about money. Because our salary is low, and I have to spend much time for preparing lecturers, exercises... I always do it everyday during near 2 years after I become a lecturer.
But I like helping my students, not only in IT.

ngattt wrote:
bia_hoi wrote:

I am an IT lecturer, not language teacher. I am trying to help as much as I can. We are not exchange language, a club for foreigners practicing Vietnamese, we rarely talk in English.

And even with teaching IT, I think like doing charity :D, not about money. Because our salary is low, and I have to spend much time for preparing lecturers, exercises... I always do it everyday during near 2 years after I become a lecturer.
But I like helping my students, not only in IT.

'Language assistance' could be a good expression, then.
If you say "free teaching", that raises several questions and may devalue the hard works of qualified VN language teachers.

Even 'language assistance' doesn't often come for free, not at least in that ESL supermarket called HCMC.

Does 'language exchange' really work?? One language always tends to dominate in a one-on-one conversation.
I think it needs to be strictly structured to be called an "exchange". In that case, it must be a very boring conversation!

Btw, good to know you are an IT lecturer. I'm sure your students appreciate your hard work and kind assistance.
You may take interest in universities like VGU. Their pay is better and they frequently hire lecturers (VN nationals) in IT and allied fields. :)

Thank you for your suggestion. I still love my university :D. I will think about another choice if I was fired :D.

BTW, we try to prepare lecture very careful for Vietnamese students, and we worked so hard for our passion. Even we were teaching in during 2.5 - 3 hours, forget to rest :D, because the students are always hard-working. It makes us feel happy. Its enough, huh?

Sure everyone has her/his own target, I just want to meet people in the weekend to enjoy life :D, even by teaching :D. And really don't care about what others think about our target, hehe.

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz192/ngattt/123_zpsxman9wrr.jpg

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your participation on this thread.

@samphung, i invite you to kindly drop an advert in the Language classes in Ho Chi Minh City which is the appropriate section to do as i am closing this thread.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

[Thread Closed]

Closed