Hi everyone

Hello everyone, thank you for reading my entry!

I have a quick question, I sent it to the Embassy here in Michigan as well but assuming that might take a while to get a response. I'm looking to eventually study in Sweden, obtain my Master's degree, but no where can I find out what happens once you get it. Do they tell you to go home? Can you stay? If so, how? Say I become fluent in Swedish and have been there 2 years for my Masters, and somehow I obtained a position in Sweden, would I be able to stay and become a Citizen of Sweden?

Side note: No I am not Swedish so the family lineage deal can't be a way in for me. (If that's possible)

Just curious how this would all work out. Seems pointless to go study in Sweden then have to return to the States. Any knowledge or stories would be greatly appreciated! And so nice to meet you all.

Thomas

welcome to Expat.com, Thomas :)

I hope active members of the forum will be able to come forward with rightful information on your questions.

Cheers
Arlette

Linguistic similarities alone cannot determine one's possibility of induction in a new country . Sweden should no longer allow  people from the developed countries to study ,work and stay in the  country for their personal benefit  (differentiated cost of living with benefit adjusted return )only . Swedish external affairs ministry must try to attract  intellectually and culturally developed people from the developing countries rather than  people from developed world for long term benefit of the country .

Your possibility to stay in Sweden should be determined on a multidimensional analysis the details of which one  can find in my forthcoming article in a leading journal.

Not sure what that means, or if you're telling me I shouldn't be allowed to immigrate because I'm an American. Nice. Not sure what "linguistics" has to do with anything besides the fact that it's polite to learn the language of the country you wish to reside in. This is almost like saying America shouldn't allow people from undeveloped countries to enter because they are not worthy of entrance.

I suppose if I took your stance, then we shouldn't allow people from India to come into our country and take our jobs. That is just absurd! We live in a global economy where any country benefits from having qualified, educated workers that improve the overall economic climate of that country.

And I went to Harvard, I have plenty to offer America--maybe I simply don't want to live in my own country due to the political stance it takes on the global stage. And living in Sweden does nothing to help my situation and I stand to live a completely different life if we base it on class and economic gain. I have FAR more to gain from living in America and I can make more money and live much better. (speaking to cost of living and benefit adjusted line). Do you know how people live in America? Do you live here?

India is not an undeveloped country--if you're speaking to your own. It's the 11th largest economy in the world. It's part of the G20.

If you are going to take degree in technology and you know you are very good at it there Will be à chance to get à job. But everything depend on yourself.
Good to know:
Sweden is small country
most of the time Jobs are giving based on your contacts
based on your references ,
but in life nothing is impossible IF you want it enough to fight for it and sacrify!

To find an accommondation: visit Blocket.se

How have you zoomed in on Sweden? This place is no paradise and if you are young and ambitious please look at australia. I agree with gotet - you have to know what your getting into - visit first.

Maybe this will help you

migrationsverket.se/info/160_en