I need some one to help me to invest in KL

Hi , I am from Egypt and I have visited Malasia 2 times KL and Langkawi , I need your advice what is the legal way to invest some money in a shop in KL , I think I need malaysian to be my partner as I cant be the owner of it. What to do and from where I should start and how much money to I should have for small shop, any one can guide me for some legal details?

Being an investor is only part of the matter because it does not guarantee you will be able to get a work permit to live in Malaysia, especially if Malaysian partner and local workforce can take care of the business.

http://malaysiabizadvisory.com/major-pr … d-company/

Setting up a sdn bhd is being abandoned by business consultancies these days as too problematic.

What kind of business do u want to invest? Do you have work permit or any non tourist visa?  As long as you or your partner has these then u can start a company. If you want to buy a mature company I can help you as one of my friends may want to sell . How much money do you wish to invest? Maybe I can advise you.

hey may i know what company your friend want to sell. please pm me

I suggest you invest in property in KL, specifically unbuilt ones as they cost less and you get a higher return and less risk. Do contact me for more info

Hi michelic i want to invest in property business and i have 70000 ringgets and plz tell me to do property business i should own a company? And as from u to invest on unbuilt should we construct and then sell or to have it and wait for some time and then to sell unbuilt property as it was. Please also tell me what is rate of return and time

But how much I should have? Also I dont have work visa, can I invest if I have visit visa?

Only 70 k? Is this enough?  can u tell me more about u , we may do something togather.

Foreigners can't buy property less than two million.

70k wouldn't buy you a piss hole in the ground anyway  :lol:

70k could probably only afford you a car. unless you find a local business partner to set up a shop. but that will not be able to provide you a business visa of any sort.

Property in KL is at the RM1 million mark for foreign investors, at best it'll RM800k after all the rebates and stuff. This is for new property. Existing sub-sale you can flip but there will be tax charges for any property sold within 5 years of purchase. and that itself cost alot.

You would in general need a bigger budget unless you have local contact who's interested in partnering with you.

No limit went up to 2 million. To stop Singaporeans !

70k won't even buy a new foreign car.enough for a proton low end range car or a myvi.

It's still RM1 MIL in Kuala Lumpur.
2 MIL in Selangor.

Hello
I have checked your post, Some suggestions for you
1-malaysia is good and very fastly growing country
2- Now a day there is time to invest in malaysia
3-now a days ringitt is down due to oil prices and going back to its stage in few months
4-You can register here your company/shop/office anything(with or without malaysian partner)100% fully forigner also
5- Here you can open resturent/consumer goods shop/your country products/services office/whole sale etc
6-You can also get MM2H here to live and do business permanent.
7-You can buy here house /car etc
8-You can also bring your family permanent or short term also

My name is Mr.Khizir

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : No promotion of services and sharing of personal contacts on the forum please.

Hi Khazir, Yes every thing is possible but how you can help us?

I have my own business here, i can assist in establish any business

mabelyang wrote:

It's still RM1 MIL in Kuala Lumpur.
2 MIL in Selangor.

Oh yes I checked agent told me wrong info,

But I note that for commercial property minimum is 3 million RM in Selangor.

This includes PR holders. So "go away foreigners" is the message. I can understand limiting speculators but someone who builds a life in Malaysia is treated the same way. It really discourages investment in Malaysia.

Brother never invest you don't want work work or stay here in malaysia,
If you want to work and stay then it will be good, there are many things you can do here,
in malaysia money works simple is that, you can do anything here
xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange your contact details via private messaging
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

if you have 300k MYR then you can spend a good and honorable life and can do business here

300k is chicken feed.

Yes some invest illegally with a dodgy malaysian partner. But what happens is eventually the malaysian partner pushes out the foreigner and keeps the investment. As the investment was illegal that is easy to do as you cant go to the polis or courts! Restaurants and bars are common for this old trick. Seen it happen many times as i have been around a long time.

How to do it ligally? do you have some details?

Look Man nothing is illegal,investment in any country never be illegal either in United states,i don't know why peoples give false information to others,
You can Get MM2H here in malaysia and can invest any where any business, you have all rights just like malaysian have, you can't just Vote only, other all right you have
you have not need any Malaysian to work and no one can deceive you and can take your money.. i don't know why other guy is saying that Malaysians take money and you can't go to police etc, this is ridiculous at all, its not in Malaysia or any reasonable country...

Its a but civilized country not a Jungle lol...
and one suggestion for you, instead of being advised here a free Blog, if you are serious then get proper consultation from a Finance Expert, and decide, Free blog Can't help

Total nonsense. Mm2h doesnt allow you to work or invest. It for resudence only.

All businessmen i know in malaysia who are legal and foreign at one time have also faced issues. Often a large debtor wont pay. And not much you can do. Legal action fails due to  :whistle:  another one is suddenly your lease triples. That's common. You either pay or leave regardless of any legal contract.

Illegal after about two years most get conned. A few survive longer but in the end they all fail. The clever malaysian partners wait until you have put lots of energy into the business then ....

You cant cheat an honest man they say. But in malysia boleh. Cost of doing business here is bad debt and being cheated. You have to allow for that in good years - set aside money for bad debt/lease dissapearing

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Publicity of services not allowed

Where art though thy moderators from the sky? How long will it take to moderate this number

Strange how the vultures circle when they see easy meat!

Nemodot wrote:

300k is chicken feed.

Yes some invest illegally with a dodgy malaysian partner. But what happens is eventually the malaysian partner pushes out the foreigner and keeps the investment. As the investment was illegal that is easy to do as you cant go to the polis or courts! Restaurants and bars are common for this old trick. Seen it happen many times as i have been around a long time.

Even legal enterprises and ideas.

Im selling our Sdn Bhd outright. I wouldn't ask anyone to invest in it and I wouldn't want to invest in someone else's company either.

Over the years.....ill just summarize fast.....a local wanted to invest in ours and it was so obvious they wanted to literally steal the company away from us. Others wanted me to invest their enterprises and again it was so obvious they had no intention of ever being honest and have a real partnership.

It was interesting that the Chinese among them were plying exactly the same "lets be partners" method I saw in mainland China in which a real partnership would be basically impossible. And the laugh is that these same types in Malaysia who thought they were so clever were themselves usually cheated when they went to China.

There are many problems about this and the main one is that the foreigner is so keen to get something going they are willing to overlook obvious things in the disbelief THIS guy would actually cheat him. They put it out out of their minds, blank it out, because they think their keenness and eagerness will somehow overrun and overwhelm the cheating part and they will prevail and succeed.

One lesson I never forgot was a story in the news about a foreigner, some white guy, who got cornered in a conversation by three Malays who persuaded him to join them in a simple game of cards. They said no money was involved as it was only for fun and gambling was haram anyway. Just for fun, at one of the men's homes in a kampung. He went, and they played all day and night. Because the foreigner won almost every game, he got arrogant and suggested they play for a dollar or something. The men proceeded to win RM3000 worth of games and the foreigner didnt have the money. So they took him to an ATM several times (during which time he was their prisoner because of the debt) until he had lost RM6000 and the account was empty. He couldnt go to the police because then he would have to admit to illegal gambling. I dont have the details of the story right but the important thing is the story is how Asia is and Malaysia particularly. Whenever any Malaysian mentions the word BUSINESS, I recall this story and think.

Its not to say there isnt a good and honest way of people to conduct business but foreigners are on the downside of the entire matter and have little chance of it working out *IF* there is a way for it not to work out.  Im not even sure I would invest with someone I knew well. Most likely not.

Some good advice given to me long ago. If something is worth doing, its worth doing yourself.

You should like that piece of advice but if you dont, remember that it was Malaysians who long ago taught the Portuguese sea piracy--how to approach a boat, gain the confidence of the captain, board the boat, steal the cargo and get away. Since many Malaysian roots are from Sumatra, its thought the Indonesians knew and practiced this piracy first. I see pirate faces around Malaysia, they are not rare.

Is this a distinctly cynical post? Yeah, well, whatever. Some things in life you must commit to fully, take risks, take your chances. You cant live as a hermit and succeed. But learn to pick your fights well, think first, learn the ways, and recall for perspective Mark Twain: Its easier to stay out than to get out. If you are not smart enough to rich enough to play, then dont rely on others to play for you--because they will.