Is nairobi safe for work (remote area)

Hi
Is nairobi safe for work as a civil site engineer in remote area of nairobi.pls repy me

Hello kishor tank,

A new thread has been created from your post on the Nairobi forum so as you may get some feedbacks.

You may read the following threads so as to have an idea:

- Working in Nairobi - how is it presently about security there?

- Safety in Nairobi

However, which remote area are you looking forward to move to ?

You may get some precise indications.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Hi

You need to be specific which areas of Nairobi.

There are security concerns in the night but during the day you can work on sites.Also depends upon with which group of people you are dealing with.

Regards
Sanjay

Dear sanjay
    Thanks
  Area which I do not know. I think it may be industries area or city area.It is Indian owned construction company.The company working in industries and commercial construction work.
U said     Group of people it  means company people or local nairobian people.
     Are u Indian ?From where?How many time u are living in nairobi,and which field u are working there?If U have no prblm I will ask u some question when it will be creat necessar.

Regards
Kishor

Hi
You can ask any questions you have.
I have stayed more than 7 years.
Yes I an indian from Mumbai.
Regards
Sanjay

YES!

@ mkihanya > Maybe you can give us more information and describe how you find Nairobi?  :unsure

I have lived here since 2001. Only encountered one insecurity incident - car stolen at gun-point, recovered by police in less than one hour.

Areas lived; initial in South B, right next to 2nd largest slum - Mukuru; Then moved to bigger house in Kileleshwa when my family grew bigger.

Surely; one incident in 14 years is as SAFE as can be.

Thanks Mr.mkihanya

There is only one rule of field work, always remember to engage the locals and you will integrate easily
Celeste

It would certainly be worth asking where in Kenya you may be located; i.e. which town/nearest town.  Not all rural areas are safe.

Surely before accepting such a job, you need to know where it is??