Skill worker visa processing time

Hi,

I am new to this forum and hope if anyone who had experience with skill worker visa application can provide me some guidance. I hold both New Zealand and Taiwan passport and have secured an employment in Norway. The employer has engaged local immigration agent to lodge my skill worker visa application. On udi website the normal process time for the skill worker visa is 4 weeks. Last Friday the dead line has passed and there has been no response. The agent just followed up today. e.g. 3 days after the deadline has passed and has been told by UDI that the visa still has not been finalized yet. Just wonder based on practical experience how long does UDI respond after its committed processing time? Is there any limit on excess time required for them to respond?

Many thanks in advance,

Jack

although I have no personal experience with the skilled worker visa processing time, I do have experience trying to get bureaucratic things done in the summer in Norway. Basically nothing happens until school is back in session, with July an especially dead period. Some offices close completely, while others just have a very basic skeleton staff available.

School in the Oslo area started again this week so hopefully things will start moving again!

(also, Taiwan love!)

Many thanks ECS. Finger crossed!

Good news! The visa is granted!

yay! Like I said.. once school starts everyone starts to remember they have work to do :)

If you could shed some light on how long did it take to receive the visa ?

shruthi ramappa wrote:

If you could shed some light on how long did it take to receive the visa ?

You ask a question on an inactive post, you are unlikely to get a response as its 4 years old. You have also asked on another post. Please don't ask the same thing on multiple threads.