Cost of living in the Malawi

Hi everybody,

It would be very useful to talk about the cost of living in the Malawi.

Don't forget to mention where in the Malawi you are living.

How much does it cost to live in the Malawi?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub

> price of the cinema

Do not hesitate to add items to this list!

Thanks in advance for your participation!!

Me too!  Considering moving for work to Lilongwe with a small child and would like to weigh up all the practicalities beforehand.

Hi,

I would like to know Cost of Living in Malawi..

If you have detail, kindly send.

God Bless...

Tk Cr....
Jagdish...

Anybody who would like to take the time and answer this important question? I am considering moving to Malawi, but it is hard to find out what my costs will be like when I am finally living in Malawi.
Please, can anybody give me some indication of the living expenses?

The ost of living in Malawi depends on a variety of aspects e.g. location, travel, domestiv help, accommodation etc - to my knowledge the only website that will help you with this sort of information Wawa Malawi i think the website is www. wawamalawi.com. Hope this helps. Oh and you cn also post up free adverts in the classifieds section.

Well,i would say,living in Malawi is expensive since it's an importing country with very little to export.talking from Blantyre experience,rentals for a decent 3 bed house in good location,range from$ 800-$1500,am told Lilongwe is more expensive.food,i trusted Shoprite,Metro and some People's supermarket.these sell local and imported food.you will find almost everything in Malawi.our grocery for me and hubby was hitting $500,just basic things like,toiletries,food.food prices are relatively high comparing to other places in the region,we had a maid,who worked 6 days a week and we were paying $50,medical insurance for the 2 of us was $50 per month,Mwaiwathu and the Adventist hospitals ar ok,by our standards.you will find some foreign doctors there.Malaria is a big concern so one needs to take measures to be safe.Gym fees range from $50 but we were members for Blantre sports club so we were paying about $450per year and there is $200 joining fees,to access golf,swimming,fairly equipped gym ,bar, restaurant etc.Kids fees,we got this from friends,they pay about$1000-$1500  at St Andrews and St Patrick's schools,and Pheonix,Blantyre's best b my standards.fuel,has been a problem for the past 4 months but i am told it's normalising,petrol is at about $1.82/litre,am not sure about diesel.we left Malawi in November 2010,but i think there are no major changes so far.hope this helps.

I would like to know the cost of living details of malawi, blantyre.

Check out this website numbeo.com  for cost of living