Bus route: Victory Monument BTS to Thai Japan Youth Center

Hi there,

Today I was able to walk to Thai Japan Youth Center from V.P Tower, both ways.

However, it was quite a long walk and I can not do this on a regular basis.

I need to take a bus if I want to join a gym.

It is shown as permanently closed on google maps but it is open and locals are using gym facilities there.

40 baht / year is a membership. Foreigners need passport for registration purpose.

I am going there tomorrow to join the gym and use other facilities on offer.

My question is, I am not familiar with bus routes yet.

Can anyone tell me which bus goes to the main street leading to nearby road "Mitmaitri Road", Dindaeng sub-district coming from victory monument BTS ?

Thanks a lot.

I had mentioned seeing this site on another thread but this is the only reference I've ever seen for such a thing:

http://transitbangkok.com/

The site does let you enter to and from locations and explains the options, so aside from the odd glitch it should work.  Which made me curious; would it answer the question?  Not exactly.  The closest suggestion it could make was this:

Start your journey at: Victory Monument.  Travel to: Viphawadi - Sutthisan Intersection using the line(s): 54 or 69 or 74 or 92 or 187 or 204 or 538

But it doesn't show the route those buses take to get there, and that's still not exactly where you asked to go, just the nearest point the system evaluates.  The site shows points it can evaluate as bus symbols on a map, so you should be able to click on to and from on the map, but that doesn't seem to work, you have to go back and type the words in the boxes on the main page.

Probably one of those buses would work, or maybe all of them take the right route and would, but it wouldn't be so easy to ask someone working on a bus in any other language than Thai.  With a printed copy of the local map you probably could do that using only English and pointing to it. 

If you walked the route a second time (looks like there is more than one way to go, but one is the most natural path) you could just note which buses are driving past you, and take one of those the next time.

motorbike taxi is probably not a bad idea too, especially if you have walked it before. just stick your hand out until a bike stops.