Job in UK

Hello, I am looking for job in UK. Anyone knows or find out, please just send me some details. Thank you.
Regards to everyone.

Hi easyrider1970,

I moved your thread to the England forum as you are looking for jobs in the UK. ;)

Job will also depend on your qualifications. What kind of job are you looking for ?

Here are some tips for getting your first job in UK.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Hello Bhavna;
Thank you for your reply. Well, I was looking for catering job. Even it is as a washing up, in restaurants or hotels.
Thank you once again.

Regards

Victor

Hi Victor,

I invite you to post your advert on Hotel, catering, bar, restaurant and tourism jobs in England it will help you in your search :)

Thank you

Stéphanie

if you are foreigner and intend to work in uk, i am afraid you have to be better than most locals in order to be considered by the employer and immigration officer.

Many may have suggested you look at certain job websites but little do they know that job agencies have no interest in candidate who requires work permit to work in UK. So my advice to you is to contact employers directly, forget about job websites. Prior to that, you should carefully look at your skills and qualifications. Do you have certain professional qualification like chef, engineer, medical degree or chartered accountant? Or are you just an ordinary nobody who has been inspired by our Queen and dream to live here? If you hold a business degree holder then it is unlikely you will be considered either, lest getting employed.

if you are foreigner and intend to work in uk, i am afraid you have to be better than most locals in order to be considered by the employer and immigration officer.

Thats not completely true. If you are fluent in English, and have no visa problem you will have no bother in getting a job.

what do you mean by "no visa problem"?

samsam123 wrote:

what do you mean by "no visa problem"?

Not every foreigner has to have visa to work in the UK.

my previous comment is actually for those outside Europe. To me, european are not foreigner, they enjoy the same benefits as the locals.

it is my mistake, i didn't check the profile of the person who posted the question. so please ignore my previous posts as they are not relevant.

my previous comment is actually for those outside Europe. To me, european are not foreigner, they enjoy the same benefits as the locals.

Members of the EU, might have freedom of movement, but they do not have the same rights as local regarding benefits.

SimCityAT wrote:

Members of the EU, might have freedom of movement, but they do not have the same rights as local regarding benefits.

From some of the programs I've watched, it seems EU migrants are able to access the same benefits as locals, and even obtain child benefits for someone not currently living in the UK. Maybe the only difference is they have to wait a little while, and fulfill requirements that locals don't, before they are able to claim. But I'm pretty sure they are entitled to the same things. Otherwise there wouldn't be all this fuss about "benefit tourism" and so on. Applying any restrictions solely on EU migrants is illegal I think.

I "was once British" so to speak, because although I do have a British passport and was born in England, I've been living in Spain since I was six and my entire education and professional carreer have taken place in Spain. I find it increasingly difficult to return to the UK with a "proper" job.

I'm considering jobs in the IT sector in the UK but despite applying for positions on numerous websites, I'm beggining to think I'm being filtered out due to not living currently in the UK. I live in Madrid and could be up and running in the UK in a matter of days, should I get a job.

Do those of you currently living and working in the UK know what my best course of action should be? I've had friends offer me to state I live in their UK flat whilst I'm job hunting from Spain but I'm not sure if that's a good idea. What would you do? Thanks!

I was in IT several years ago (London) so I know this industry well. IT jobs come and go very quickly, you have to be physically present here to be considered by agents, otherwise they will think it is a waste of their time. I have two personal suggestions for you; 1) Join a programming bootcamp like makersacademy.com or few others in London. These training schools also work as an agent, they will help you secure a job after the training, but the course can be expensive though. 2) Update your linkedin profile, more and more agents rely on this website to find potential candidate.
3) Budget YMCA type of youth hostel in London can be a good start for you.

Good luck.

Thank you Stephanie

Thank you Greg2k, I do appreciate it, but I just want to let you know as from last week I am already retired. Thanks a lot.
Regards

hello there?
anyone knows on how I will obtain a UK working visa from the Philippines? Will I apply for a job first? please help

Maria Eloisa Aliwalas

Hi Greg2k, i have a better idea for you. You can rent a virtual office address and phone number here, this should make your application a lot more attractive to agents. Make sure you forward the phone calls to Madrid.

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : drop your resume in the Chef job offers in England pls

Hello. Are you still looking for a job on London?

How can you do the visa?
The ticket is easy but the visa?
We need someone like you to help us.

For a Filipino visa is complicate. We need to sponsor you, that's mean we need to know you from 1 year and also you need to show the proof that you have enough money in your bank account to survive in UK without work.
Too complicate for me.

Yes i am.still looking a chef job in uk

In London.

I understand. But I cannot pay anything. I do not know you. Even if you are the kind of profile we looking at.

Someone i know have non-EU national maid in uk. They said to be eligible for the maid to work in UK, the employer (potential visa sponsor) must have lived abroad and have hired the same maid for some years. Marikarr sounds quite desperate and she may have been misled by friends. UK Immigration will not easily grant you a tourist visa even if Jeremymac is willing to draft the invitation letter, in fact visiting letter will only work if it is issued by big organisation in UK, and they too need a valid reason for the visa application to be considered.

Even with the Permanent Residency visa from UK, the traveller will still get questioned by the immigration office at the airport, no joke. I suggest Jeremymac to consider maid from within the EU. Posting the advertisement at university will get you a lot of response.

What do you mean, "we need to sponsor you"? Would that mean that anyone can sponsor me as long as i have enough savings on my account to prove that i can stay in london? Are there any possible ways? Im trying to find jobs thru internet. But im not sure what employers could issue certificate of sposorship so i can obtain a tier2 visa. Pls help. I really want to work, stay and bring my family in london.
I would appreciate so much any opinions/advice from anyone of you

Maria Eloisa Aliwalas. No one can easily sponsor you a work visa, the immigration rules does not work in this way. I suggest you approach your local UK Embassy for details.

Thanks so much for your effort to reply. I understand that my situation is complicated. But i still have hopes that there is nothing impossible. I would still look for job thru internet and hope that i could find employer who could sponsor me. If ever you know some employers who could help me, pls message me.

Thank you and best of luck to me