How to hire a nanny in Canada?

Hi, We recently moved to Canada regarding my husband's work. Now I am ready to start working and is in search of a good nanny. We have spoken to a nanny placement agency here in Calgary called Diamond Personnel. And they are sending in candidates for interviews. Since I am new here, can someone please tell me the things I should check for sure before hiring one.

Hi, I grew up in Canada but was never involved in having a nanny myself, though my friends had such services and I was involved in some childcare in the USA... which is often separate things in Canada.
Childcare, cleaning and cooking are separate responsibilities -- make sure responsibilities you desire are clear both to the agency and to the nanny.

A service tip is generally expected at Christmas.

Have a clear understanding of your needs, desires and concerns -- that's the most important thing.

A good agency will screen (criminal and references) candidates and usually manage the compensation.

- Try to get a resume.
- What languages do they speak, what languages do you want them to speak with the child(ren)?
- What relevant certifications and experience do they have?
- Can she be trusted to adhere to any dietary or allergy restrictions of the child(ren)?
- Do the child(ren) get along with her?
- How does she handle a conflict?
- What is her transportation situation? Will she be transporting the child(ren)? Will she reliably show up for work? Can she stay a little later if you're running late?
- Does she have a cell phone?
- Can you speak with any of her references?
- If she's only going to do childcare, would she feel comfortable doing minor things like fixing a drip or sandwich for the child(ren) or clean up a little after them? (think vomit, or poop underwear or a bath)

You should ask this in the Calgary forum for best result  :)
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=667