Squat Rack anyone?

Been all over sports shops in Riyadh looking for a squat rack. Every time I either get a "what?!" or I get directed to the squash rackets display :rolleyes: so if anybody seen one outside a gym, please let me know. I desperately need one :/

Mad - What IS a Squat Rack?  Been around gyms all my life and have never heard of such a thing.  Please splain!  :D

Is it some sort of contraption that you do squats with/in?  I can't even picture it!  lol:blink:

We do squats with a barbell and weights...  No rack needed!

I'm sure you've seen it countless times CAF. I do squats with a barbell and weights to as well, but if you lift maximum weight solo you difenetly need one. Without one, if you go down on your last rep and can't go up, you'll be looking at serious back enjury. :/ Here is a picture of one...

http://www.true-natural-bodybuilding.com/equipment/squat-racks/precor-squat-rack-14.jpg

Yes, Mad - My sincere apologies!  :rolleyes:

I chatted with my daughter who is an ice hockey player in college and works out daily - she explained what it was...  Which I knew immediately after she described it to me...   :dumbom:   We didn't have this kind (your pic) at our gym at home, we had one that had a counter weight, so it wouldn't fall.  She has this one (your pic) at the Gym at school.  She was laughing at me!!! 

So have you been to all of the Sports stores in the city asking about this?  Did you show them a pic?  I'll keep it in mind when I shop - we are always going to these stores...  :)

How about ordering one online? Or do the major brands of gym equipment have web pages that list local retailers that sell their products? (Or a phone number you could call and ask..?)

And PS. Even I knew what a squat rack was! ;)

Oh Preoria, stop acting all big for knowing what the 'rack' was!  :lol: 

Im just old and it slipped my mind!  :D

No need for apology CAF. It's just so kind of you that you kept it in your mind and asked your daughter about it. :thanks: Even I didn't know that thing has a name!

Preoria, I thought about ordering one online, but taking its size into account I guess shipping will cost way more than the rack itself :sick So I just designed one :cool: Mine is a bit different though. I ommited the upper part... and the lower part! whats left? :unsure a couple of "tripods" I suppose, with adjustable hight (hey that feature isn't avialble in the one in the picture) it will be enough to keep the weight off my back when I need it :D

Oh I just thought of this extra use for my "rack" I could tie one end of a string to each tripod and I'll get more space to air the laundry :whistle:

Wow MadMaz, never thought that designing one was an option! Nice! :top:

Well I guess as long as it's stable enough, you may ommit the parts you don't need. I mean, back in the days they probably weren't as fancy as now but they still worked, so...

Good luck squatting, don't hurt yourself! :)