Cost of living in Togo

Hi everybody,

It would be very useful to talk about the cost of living in Togo.

Don't forget to mention where in Togo you are living.

How much does it cost to live in Togo?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub

> price of the cinema

Do not hesitate to add items to this list!

Thanks in advance for your participation!!

hello i was wondering about loame is it safe and friendly and hows the best way to fly into loame can i go derict from sydney  thank yopu john

How safe is Togo?  Safe as could be but you need to be careful when you go to the beach - carry only your towel and water/drinks and not much else.  Camera would be best kept at the hotel.  Some cash may be okay but not wads of notes.

Flying in from Sydney direct to Lome?  That's just not on mate.  If you get to Addis Ababa or Nairobi, then I am sure either Ethiopian Air or Kenyan Airways will fly you to Lome.  You could get a connection from Sydney - Dubai on Emirates and then connect either with Ethiopian or Kenyan to Lome via Addis or Nairobi respectively.

Cheers and good luck.

Hello,

i just saw i missed this post, i was to quick and wrote my own post regarding cost and living in Togo. It surprises me that nobody answered to this post. Should be a very easy post which takes like 5 minutes. I am trying to find some information regarding cost and living, but since this post has not received an answer i guess i should not expect to have any on my post.

strange may I add...

Let me know what you would like to know about Togo - cost of living as in living it up like a king or trying to stretch a limited budget.

I will answer as best as I can.

Cheers

Hello Sammy

Let's start by this example :
how much will 500€ last in Lome? What can i expect to do with 500€ in a month? 

I just want to have an idea what normal stuff costs around there.
I am planing to spend like three month in Togo, some of my expenses regarding residence and some meals are covered, but besides that i will have to cover all other stuff my self. Like food, beverages, cinemas, transportation tickts, other activities. I hear there are a lot of internet coffee shops. How much does it cost for an hour?

I do not look for the "5 stars quality" or the best and most expensive. I am an average man with an average income like the rest so everything must be in reasonable prices.   

So basically i want to make like a budget i can fallow.

Best regards
Catalin

How far will Euro 500 take you?

Depends what sort of luxury you look for.  Well to start off with Euro 500 will get you approx FCFA 332,500 - guess this amount would be sufficient for food but I am not sure how much more you would need for accommodation, transport and the other side attractions of which there are many!!

Tell me where you would like to stay and then maybe I could provide a better answer.

Cheers