Is Malta multicultural?

If yes - that is too bad.... in the long run.
In Germany people are starting to see that multiculturalism has failed .Immigrants from ''Arab'' countries are not integrating at all.I can see that too in US...
How about UK with all this people from Pakistan,India ...
How about Malta with all immigrants from Africa?

What about America and all the people from Poland ?

What about the UK and all the Polish ? :lol:

So do you think the Poles should be sent back as well ?

In my opinion ''WE'' are  integrating  very well... Can you tell that about ''muslim'' nations? - I do not think so.

When she /ANGELA MERKEL /said that the once-favored concept of multiculturalism had "failed, utterly failed" and that immigrants needed to do more to integrate into German society, including learning German, that was exactly what she meant...''

''Above all, like most of the E.U. countries today, Germany is against "multikulti." Much like the United States, too, Germany has come to see that "multiculturalism" -- the idea that [u]people from different cultures and with totally different habits[/u] can automatically live together -- is a dangerous dream''

That what I am thinking too...I do not see any problem with immigration from UK to Poland or from Poland to UK ,or from UK to Malta or from Malta to UK etc....But immigration from let say Pakistan,Afganistan,Iraq to UE is a totally different story.Look at France...look at Holland  etc. In about 25 years those countries will became a ''Muslim states''.

wisnicz wrote:

Much like the United States,

With all due respect I think you should stop watching FOX News :) America has been built on immigrants look at the history. In the beginning it was irritation against the Irish, then the Italians.
In the UK you had a backlash against the Carribeans, now the Asians.
All of these cultures have been assimilated, where would NY be without its pizza. Or UK without the tikka chicken masala.

Some of your points need further exploration. You had a situation in the US after a terrible occurrence on 9/11 tarnishing all Muslim people.

People have been targeted because of their faith, which is crazy instead of focusing attention on the terrorists.

There are notable persons in the US who have Arab decent, you wouldnt have your iphone if it wasnt for Steve Jobs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_American

so its reckless to tarnish everyone because of the actions of a handful of terrorists, which seems to be whats happening.

Most of these changes require a generational shift, who knows next you or your or kids or even your grandchildren may want to marry a Muslim :-).
So it takes time for that kind of integration to occur, Give it time dont rush it :lol:

wisnicz wrote:

How about Malta with all immigrants from Africa?

you seem to forget we all came from Africa

You seem to confuse being anti-multiculturalist with being anti-muslim/arabic. Are you sure you don't just mean you are anti- non-whites ? Many of the immigrants from Africa are either christian or atheist

Given Malta has its roots in the arabic world, was a muslim state for several hundred years, and whose language is basically Arabic, are you sure you want to move here ?

What efforts are you taking to integrate into Maltese society ? I presume you are learning Maltese ....

''People have been targeted because of their faith'' - no really - they where targeted because their RELIGION - no faith.
People needs to have some faith/in God,magic -whatever/ - no RELIGION!!!To believe in something,to have faith -you do need to have a  religion.
Who love  the God do not need religion - they have God to love..  ;-).

''it was irritation against the Irish, then the Italians.''
''You seem to confuse being anti-multiculturalist with being anti-muslim/arabic. Are you sure you don't just mean you are anti- non-whites ? Many of the immigrants from Africa are either christian or atheist''

Nationality has nothing to do with it - I think.
More differences are coming from differences in RELIGION,Culture and Mentality of this people/ example:
In UE/US - if you gonna still something - they will put you to jail VS cut your arm off...In UE/US if your wife is cheating - you will go to the court and have divorce VS stone her to death,In UE/US if you gonna  say something ''funny'' about christian God no one will kill you for saying that etc./.

That is why I wrote there is nothing wrong about immigration between ''western cywilization countries'' - small differences in culture - small differences in mentality...

Why I targeted ''muslims''? - because that is the bigest group - coming and living in UE and in about 25 - 30 years they will be majority in contries as France,Holland,UK.
Why? - because we are to ''lazy'' to have children.
When ''EU family'' usually have 2 kids - they have 4 +.
''About 100 years ago there were fewer than 100 Muslims living in the Netherlands, compared to nearly 1 million/!!!/ today out of a total population of some 16 million''.

''So it takes time for that kind of integration to occur..''

How much time? - If I'm right-people from Turkey started to come to Germany about 50 - 60 yeras ago!!!And what? - why Merkel is saying today about failing they integration? And Turkey - that is moderate ''musilim'' country...what to say about Pakistan etc ?
However, even if Turkey does not become a full member of the European Union, the percentage of Muslims living in Europe will double within 15 years!!!At the same time, the traditional non-Muslim population of Europe will decline by an estimated 3.5 percent.
Eagle - we/you do not have this problem in US ...yet.
There is a big ''latino'' populataion taking  care about grow of the non-muslim population ;-).

So - if some near future muslims will became a majority - because democracy - they can have a majority in UK parliment,they can have a majority in Greman's bundestag...and then what? Shariat?
Maybe yes - maybe no - but this is scarry for me - father of 2 girls.And as you maybe know - girl/woman - do not have almost any rights there.

Eagle - there is no time !!!

georgeingozo:
''What efforts are you taking to integrate into Maltese society ? I presume you are learning Maltese ''

If I will move over there ofcourse I will TRY / ;-)/ to learn Maltese...eaven English is their official language too.

http://wardheernews.com/Articles_2010/F … ution.html

1.In 1950 the population of the six BENPIT countries (Bangladesh, Egypt, Nigeria, Pakistan, Indonesia and Turkey) was 242 millions, rising to 886 million by 2009 and an estimated 1,361 million by 2050.
2.For example the population of Afghanistan is now 28 million, rising to 45 million by 2025 and 75 million by 2050.
3.Professor Jack A Goldstone writing in the journal Foreign Affairs (February 2010) on “The New Population Bomb” concludes that the West has to improve its relations with the Muslim world, that Turkey with a population of 100 million by 2050 must join the EU, and that the Muslim population of major EU countries now varies from 3 to 10 percent, and will double by 2050.
4.The populations of the EU, US, Canada, Japan, South Korea and China are aging at an unprecedented rate. By 2050, 30 percent of all Americans, Europeans, Canadians and Chinese will be over 60.
5.Problems of marginalized Muslim communities within EU countries, especially the UK, France and Germany must be better addressed or we risk domestic conflicts and more home-grown terrorism.

We can see that allready in France /domestic conflicts/ and UK /home-grown terrorism/.

Eagle - one more time - there is no time - UE as we know is daing - and I'm afraid - there is nothing what we can do.

georgeingozo:you seem to forget we all came from Africa

Yes - I know that...but what happened to us since then?
Religion was discovered ;-)

Dear Wizzy

Please forgive the lack of formality on my part as a misstep in my promise of sobriety at such an early hour.

I see your dilemma, my advice for you, which you may or may not follow ,as is your freedom.

Be careful what you post on the internet. There is no security you could be tracked down leaving you and your family vulnerable to retaliation from the Taliban agents, the Russians, and even Mossad.
Be very careful as they can track you by your IP address, your grammar and spelling and the picture of yourself in Leadville, using technology you can be identified easily. These forums are no longer anonymous.
"They" are everywhere.

Why the Russians you may ask, well who do think is doing the intelligence for Iran, Iran forwards to Hezbollah, etc so you get the picture. Mossad is actually a double agency for the Saudi Emirate, they swing either way for the right fee.

"if your wife is cheating"
I dont have that problem as I am single, but if their are troubles in your matrimonial area, I suggest you do the right thing and comfort her as you like. Again be aware that at the slightest signal of discontent in your relationship there may be agents coming in undercover to steal her away with an affair. So become aware of the conversations and dealings going on, or pay more attention. Watch for clues which seem abnormal or strange as these could be signs something is happening right under your nose. Dont trust anything without verification.

If you have committed any crimes , eg incorrect spice on the sauerkraut, slicing of the sausages incorrectly. I suggest you confess it to your local authorities. Explain the situation to them and you may be able to enter into a plea bargain. If they refuse, take someone hostage, this is your only hope.

I would also caution you about eating out at any asian , indian, or other cultural venue. Be careful , if you are known to "them" they may try and get to you via poisoning you. I wouldnt eat out if I were you, who knows what they would do to you and your family.

Protect your kids, no more TV, as "they" have been known to plant subliminal messages into the TV ads, which will make your kids more likely marry one of them when they grow up.

Switch off the internet advertising, as "they" can send specific subliminal code to target your machine . Hypnotising and brainwashing, you wouldnt know you are not you, but it will take hold.

Switch off your car and boycott oil. Encourage all in America to do the same. Why fund their activities by buying oil right?

If you are still afraid. I suggest committing a small crime, nothing to serious, just something small enough to get you assigned to a place of safety.

This will result in you being taken to a place of very high security. Where your back end will be well looked after by brothers of the multicultural sort. I would take the necessary lubricants , and amenities to ease the path.

My best wishes as always

Wisnicz - How you feel about Muslims ? Guess what, that's how some lowlife Brits and Maltese feel about ex-Eastern bloc citizens such as Poles. Just don't you dare start complaining about being discriminated against if you do live in Malta.

I would far rather live next door to, or have my daughter marry, a black muslim than a white racist.

wisnicz my dear friend : If only you understood the Law of Karma and Reincarnation you would not talk like that.

As Atma-Souls, we have inummerable births and the closing balance from our last life was the exact same as the opening balance in this life. You will take birth in a Muslim family, Hindu family, Jewish family etc , and at some point you will gradually break this cycle of rebirth and understand your soul and this material physical body are two different things ....all souls are inter-connected, these skin colours, these nationalities are mere material bodies, an illusion on the pathway to Enlightment.

Only just noted the date of the original posts and that he is Polish living in USA.
Personally I find his comments, on this thread, to be offensive.

that 2 years old controversial thread is now closed (it shouldn't have been resurrected)

Closed