How long does it take for an E Pass ? What are my chances ?

Hi,

I started working with a leading MNC straight out of college a year back. Now they have offered me a job in Singapore.
I graduated from a top 5 college in India. The reason for offering me the job was because of my experience in the company and understanding of the Financial Markets. 

I have been offered a salary of S$ 4,800 p.m and my total work experience is 1 year 3 Months. What do you think my chances of getting an E Pass is ?

I took the self assessment test on the MOM website and it says I qualify for both S Pass and E Pass.

My company applied for the E Pass on the 6th of August and it still says pending.

I just got an update from HR. MOM is now asking for an Organization Chart. What does this mean ?

If the SAT says you are eligible, your chances are good (of course there are other factors to be assessed, see below).
MoM asking for an organisation chart means they want to assess the employer's organisation. If you are their first foreign employee (in Singapore), this is normal as MoM needs to decide wether the company is allowed to hire foreigners at all.

Hi Beppi, thanks for replying.

I'm definitely not the first foreign employee in Singapore. Singapore is the company's ASEAN hub and the firm is  50,000 + strong globally.

How long does MOM usually take to give an outcome after getting the organization chart ?

neilf16 wrote:

How long does MOM usually take to give an outcome after getting the organization chart ?

Between a few days and a month.

Hi there !

Got the IPA today after a 14 day wait.

Prayers do work.

neilf16 wrote:

Hi there !

Got the IPA today after a 14 day wait.

Prayers do work.

Congrats.

Thanks

P/S Pass is applied online (typically by the employer); and usually takes anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks. One of my employers had applied for my EP on a Monday and I received the In-Principal Approval next day. (The actual EP card comes later). With another employer, it took 8 working days. Singapore has been gradually tightening the requirements for granting an EP to foreigners over the last few years. It's probable that an application now goes through many hoops before a decision is made i.e. each application is now scrutinized more than ever before.
So it could depend on many factors, but it is safe to say it would take 1-10 days for the pass to be approved online, provided you meet the criteria of the Ministry of Manpower, which are as yet not exhaustively disclosed to the applicants.