Zumba and affordable gym in Flic en Flac

Anybody can help me find a Zumba class in Flic en Flac or Cascavelle please?!
Looking for daily classes and an affordable gym pleaaaaase!
Thank you!!

Hi EvaR, theres the Jet 7 Fitness Center in Flic en Flac, close to Spar. The tariffs: Rs 150 per session, Rs 700 per month + registration fee.

Hello You mi and congrats on your first post on the forum :top:

You could recommend Jet 7 Fitness center in our Business Directory - Sports activities in Mauritius

Regards
Kenjee

Thank you very much You mi!

There is a gym close to Tamarin, Riverland, that offers Zumba classes. The instructor, Nadine, lives in Flic en Flac. If you don't want to be a member of the club, then the classes are about Rs 400 per class. Here is the website:
riverland.mu/the-club-ouest.html.

It should be no more than 15min drive from Flic en Flac.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I am there and I enjoy the classes very much!

Regards

Hi There,
We have been in Flic en Flac for 9 months, and I second your request.

There is a small mens-type gym (although woman are welcome)in Flic en Flac that consists of weight machines, hand weights a few stepping machines, bicycles and one rowing machine for Rs700 per month.  The machines are oldish and the place small. I think it is the Jet7 gym mentioned on the blog.  If they could get more machines and a treadmill or two the Rs700 per month would be worth it.

MyGym is fantastic but very expensive and thats at Jumbo, which is a bit far to travel aswell.

Please let us know if anyone knows of anything else that is cheaper and close by.

Thank you
Anwyn

Hello!

I saw that gym you mentioned but I am mainly looking looking for Zumba class and some cardio...Shame these are so expensive...

Hopefully there will be a Zin who decides to give classes for small private groups avoiding heavy costs of the Sports Club...

Will keep looking!

Elo did you manage to find a nice zumba class at flic en flac? Am looking as well.

Cheers

Hello, there are zumba classes at the village hall/community centre not expensive at all, twice a week. It's in a very small street not far from the main entrance of villa caroline.
Genevieve

Great cheers.  Would you know the start time koz I finish work quite late.

nafeesa31 wrote:

Great cheers.  Would you know the start time koz I finish work quite late.

It must ne at about 6 pm. twice a week. You should go and check.

Anyone know if the Zumba classes at the Flic en Flac community center still happen in 2017?

I'm pretty sure the zumba lessons at the Village Hall still take place. I'll go tomorrow and ask for details. It's close to my place, I don't join the classes because I'm unfortunately not fit enough. I go to another gym club for women only which is avenue Carrière in Flic en Flac. It suits me better. It's for women only. Actually quite good.

I checked out the Zumba class at the Community Centre in Flic en Flac today!  :) It meets 4:45 - 5:45 on Tuesdays.  There's another active Zumba place on Avenue Carrière, meeting Mondays and Fridays, 8AM and 6PM for 90-minute classes.  I spoke to that instructor but have not yet made it to her class. She is willing to offer it at other times, too, pending interest.

I go to the Zumba class in Avenue Carriere its my 2nd month it really is worth the visit.

Can you tell me more about the women's gym.in flic en flac? Where located from spar and price? Any contact with details? Thanks

Hi there for the Zumba will private message you all the details. Every Monday we do a session on the beach just amazing

Do this gym still open and what classes they do .

Zumba classes I've found in Flic en Flac:

Mon & Fri 8AM-9:30 on Ave Carriere with Francine Ross 5 794 7882.  Sometimes this class meets at the beach and in any case you should call the instructor for directions and details.  Price is Rs 100 per class plus a one-time membership fee of Rs 500

Mon & Thu 6:30 PM at Village Hall (outside under the lights) with Ketty Grison 5 759 3105.  The price is Rs 250 per month.  If you only attend once a week, the price is Rs 150.  To check out the first class the price is Rs 25. One way to find the Village Hall is to go to the beach by the police station, walk north on the beach until you see a complex with basketball court, pétanque, football field, and volleyball net.  Class is adjacent to the volleyball court.  It is not far from Villa Carolina.

Tuesday 4:45 PM at Community Centre (inside) with Fabiola Lecluse 5 938 4832.  The price is Rs 50 per class (monthly fee depends how many Tuesdays in the month).  See directions to Village Hall above and note that the location is the same but inside the adjacent building.

Thursday 9:30 AM at the Outdoor Centre on Klondike Road with Milene Kaloo 5 494 1742.  I forget what the fee is but it is quite low.

Not Zumba but the gym called JET 7 Fitness Centre (Ave les Vergers) has evening classes with Ekaterina Shchukina.  Rs200 for one class per week or Rs150 per class if you take 2 or more per week. There might be a gym membership fee on top of that. The schedule is in transition at the moment so I suggest calling her 5 810 4918. Note: if you are looking for women only, this does not meet that criterion.

Thanks so much for all the work !