Mobile and tv package

Hi
Can anyone advise what is best. On arrival at airport do I buy new SIM card and which is the best for reception and price OR do I wait until I get my tv package?
Thanks in advance

Its better to get your sim at the airport... Very easy.
You just need your passport and an unlocked phone. costs 100 MUR and gets you around 70 MUR talktime balance. usually activated within 1-2 hours.. I guess prepaid option is best because you can recharge it online as per your requirement or buy talk time from a shop nearby. For connectivity I prefer Orange over emtel but I don't know if orange has a retailer at the airport... Emtel does have one... both are convenient.
Buying your sim at the airport has its perks, as you will be needing a telephone for various stuff when you arrive at Mauritius for the first time. Also, If you intend on calling back home to your country a lot I would prefer getting a international calling pack as it lowers the call rates

barbara torrance wrote:

Hi
Can anyone advise what is best. On arrival at airport do I buy new SIM card and which is the best for reception and price OR do I wait until I get my tv package?
Thanks in advance

Hello, I don't think there are any TV and mobile phone packages here, just landlines/ internet and TV. Later on if you're getting a phone package, bear in mind that most of your inclusive minutes are tied to your network so it's best to wait and see what the majority of your contacts/ friends are using.

Thank you everyone for your kind and very informative info.  Look forward to meeting up with you all when I get there - soon I hope.

I use Orange for my mobile, a pay as you go type, just top up online or buy vouchers at the supermarket. I use about Rs500 (about 10.00) per month at most

My husband has a contract with Orange as he uses it much more than me.He normally spends about Rs2300 (46.00) per month although he does use it for work too and international calls.

Our house phone/internet is from Emtel.

You can buy a sim in most places cost around Rs200 (about 4.00) although you can go to the Orange or Emtel shops and this seems to be cheaper than the local corner shop say Rs100 (about 2.00)

You will find all the information that you need on mobiles/internet etc on these sites :)

Their websites are:

1. Orange: - orange.mu/mobile/prepay.php
2. Emtel : - emtel.com

Thanks for the info

For English speaking TV - we use DSTV - a South African provider, you can get about 4 English Channels, i.e. BBC and ITV plus lots of English speaking programmes.

- dstv.com/en-sc