Calculating tax

Sorry to start another "how much tax" thread... But I'm still not clear on a few things. I'm going to be working in Norway on a contract basis for several months (initially), at a per annum rate of 780000NOK. I have a spouse and 3 small kids. How do I calculate the tax rate? Also, I am not planning on buying a home.

- skatteetaten.no/en/International-pages/If-you-work-in-Norway-you-need-to/Norwegian-employer/Norwegian-employer/Brochures/Information-for-foreign-employees-and-Norwegian-employers-of-foreign-employees-About-tax-tax-deduction-cards-and-tax-returns/?chapter=6641

this is how tax is calculated in Norway

but average for 780 000 , use 36% of every thing you earn you will end up close, as long as you do not have any special issues, ( special requirements or deduction or special extra tax reasons.)

remember you have to apply for the 10% standard deduction for the first 2 years in Norway, it does not come automatically, to get it you have to register it in your tax return document.

regards,

Thank you! Am I correct in thinking that the 7.8% for health care is in addition to the 36%?

36% is average including every thing.

if you have 100% normal job, average number of hours including (paid vacation) is around 1800 hours per year.

this determines your total basic salary

salary under 800 000 , approx 36% of the total salary, will end up close to that,

this should include every thing.