Moving from Canada

Hey all, I'm moving to Saudi next month after I if my entire life in Canada. I would love to make friends and meet up occasionally. I'll be living in a compound but not sure which one yet, still looking around. I will also need to find a job!! Not sure how easy or difficult it will be. I have read more negative than positive thoughts about Saudi, but I still have some hope that will be okay  :)

If you haven't find a job yet, you may be joinning a relative I guess.
You had better mentioned what kind of job you would like to take up, so that you could receive an advice of.
All in all, it's not that difficult to find a job here. And if you would like to work as a teacher, it's a proper time to look for a vacancy before the school start.

You need to me more specific Nono in which city you will be moving, in which field you are interested to work, on which type of Visa you will be here ..... !
Then you can gather proper information and make up your mind, so that as soon as you reach here you can hit he floor.

Canadians settle fairly well in Saudi Arabia. Guessing by your name you are of Arab ethnicity ?

I'll be in Riyadh on a residence visa.

will it be dependent visa ? Then you will not be allowed to work.

My husband lives in saudi

Nono3series wrote:

My husband lives in saudi

Aha, so yea, it will be dependent visa (spouse) so what will you have to do is apply for jobs and then if possible they will offer you to transfer to their sponsorship.

Better you get your degree etc attested , but I don't think you can get that done unless you have a job contract.

Yes you are right Hamudi Attestation after a copy of Job Contract ! Well Nono you find out from your embassy what are the other attestations required for working in KSA which can be done with out work contract copy !
Ones you get the job you can tranfer your sponsorship to the employer on a condition that you will transfer back you sponsorship to your husband if job contract ends in any way.

am sure you can easily find job here, it depend on your Professional Skills. on which place here in Saudi you want to stay?

nold wrote:

am sure you can easily find job here, it depend on your Professional Skills. on which place here in Saudi you want to stay?

it's a bit easier for women compared to men in the fashion, interior design, teaching, office administration etc.

Negatuve ppl will only give out negative comments. There's a lot to be positive there..

Can women even go out alone??

Yes they can

Nono3series wrote:

Hey all, I'm moving to Saudi next month after I if my entire life in Canada. I would love to make friends and meet up occasionally. I'll be living in a compound but not sure which one yet, still looking around. I will also need to find a job!! Not sure how easy or difficult it will be. I have read more negative than positive thoughts about Saudi, but I still have some hope that will be okay  :)

Dear Nono,
Check Al Nakhla Residential Resort, its the largest & newest (2015) compound in Riyadh as the rest are 20 years minimum old, its only for westerns, fully new furnished, free wifi, free electricity and services, life style, modern, its like a home away from home, services and facilities way more than any other compound, family friendly and provides shuttles to Malls,  AIS-R and the British School, and the security level is the highest among all.

Check their facebook page: Al Nakhla Residential Resort

Gym  Swimming Pool  Kindergarden  Reserved Parking  Baby Nursery  Library  Beauty Salon  Restaurant  Ballroom  Snack Bar  Billiard Tables  Squash Court  Basketball  Vollyball  Wireless Internet  Tennis Court  Satellite Cable  Pre-school Centre  Commercial Centre  Recreational Room  Business Centre  Bowling  Table Tennis  Bus Transportation  Cinema  Events  and a lot more

I am one of those who never wanted to be here but I m now one of those who don't wanna go anywhere else :)

What do you like about it?

I have started to find time for my ownself which i never had before . standard of living is surely improved . What I can not do outside , I can do inside so that's Ok for me .

Where do you originally come from?

i am living in Riyadh? you still can enjoy your life in any muslim countries