Close

move to Thailand Bangkok to live and work there

Hey. My name is yared. Am from addis ababa ethiopia.  I like to move to Thailand Bangkok to live and work there. Plz can u tell me how can i get living and working permit there? And is it easy to get a job? Any kind of job?  Thanks my friends

Y k :

Hey. My name is yared. Am from addis ababa ethiopia.  I like to move to Thailand Bangkok to live and work there. Plz can u tell me how can i get living and working permit there? And is it easy to get a job? Any kind of job?  Thanks my friends

It is not easy for foreigners to get job, many work as teacher, unless they are very qualified, no little job for foreigners, as Thai are paid very low ( see the list of jobs prohibited to foreigners here : http://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=143921 ) , company have too many constraint to recruit foreigners ( higher salary, visa, work permit, for 1 work permit they must recruit 4 local people, minimum capital, etc...).

If you have never been in Thailand before you might plan a visit here first as a tourist or student visa.

Regarding Thailand, please read the guides posted here : http://www.expat.com/en/guide/asia/thailand/

For jobs section please go here : http://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/thailand/

Thanks for ur respond.
For example. What about if i open like mini ethiopian traditional foods restaurant. Or mini market for ethiopian food stuffs, and spices. Because so many ethiopians stayin bangkok for along time for medication.
   Thanks

Y k :

Thanks for ur respond.
For example. What about if i open like mini ethiopian traditional foods restaurant. Or mini market for ethiopian food stuffs, and spices. Because so many ethiopians stayin bangkok for along time for medication.
   Thanks

It will be the same and you will need lot of cash as bank will not borrow you money,
To get 1 work permit for you, you will need to recruit 4 thai local people and pay them plus social securities, you will need 2 M capital to get the work permit, people having small shop are thai people, foreigner need thai partnership to set up a company and foreigner can hold only 49% of the share, majority must be Thai, the other 51%, you will have to pay the lease for the shop, utilities, taxes, salary, and cash flow to buy your products, and as you want to import food you will need licences too ( http://www.fda.moph.go.th/eng/food/deta … ortDoc.stm ), etc... all of this can turn costly per month. When a business target only tourist it is always risky as they are there for limited time and there is low season too, it is always better to target local people to have customers during all the year

Hello everyone,

Just to remind you that a new thread has been created from some of your posts on the Bangkok forum so as you better interact.

Best of luck Y k. :)

Bhavna

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Bangkok

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Bangkok

Moving to Bangkok

Find tips from professionals about moving to Bangkok

Travel insurance in Bangkok

Enjoy stress-free travel to Bangkok