Will be moving with my son and looking for safe , nice affordable

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I want to ask you, if life in Brazil is not easy , which place in south or Central America that would be easy and affordable to live .
I have been reading a lot about coutries like Costa Rica, panama, Ecuador, Brazil.
Can you tell me you personal favorite, I will be moving with my son and looking for safe , nice affordable. I know this quite hard to find.

Well to be quite honest, no Central or South American country will be easy to live in for someone coming from a developed nation. Even the largest cities are often lacking in infrastructure and the bureaucracy in all Latin-American countries is excessive.

You will also need to have a good level of fluency in Spanish all Latin-American countries or Portuguese in Brazil, because English is not widely spoken. If you rely on English you're going to lock yourself within a relatively small expat population and have problems in day-to-day living situations.

There are also many political and economic considerations in all of these countries too. Security can also be a concern in many of them.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

In Brazil the south is better. I recommend Florianopolis. I live here and have no issues of security . Life is calm and summer rocks here. Don't know about other countries but Brazil is probably your best bet. I think it has more to offer than other lstin American countries but that's just my humble opinion, since I haven't travelled to other LA countries...yet.

Hi,
Is there affordable schools that teach in English

You need to be more specific... what city? are you talking about just a language school or are you talking about an international school that teaches all of its subjects in English?

At any rate, both are expensive and the public school system is poor at the best of times.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

Hello everyone,

A new topic has been created on the Brazil forum from some of your posts.

You will be more at ease to exchange on this new thread. :)

Cheers,
Bhavna