Buying and renovating a small/medium guest house in Bulgaria

Hello!

I have a couple of small businesses in the UK  a company that provides walking holidays and also a very small property renovation business (we develop about 1 house every 18 months). I've decided to combine my experience in both of these to venture out into something new - a small 6 to 8 bedroom guest house in Bulgaria. Currently working through the months of preparation, but we've got the finances in place and are viewing our first property in September. Hope to become an active member of this forum in future and looking forward to learning more about Bulgaria

Areas we're looking in are around the Troyan area of Balkans, the Northern Rhodope's and the area from Plovdiv going north to the Balkans (and valley of the roses)

Would love to hear from anyone who bought, renovated and run a guest house in the country

Hi, your project sounds very interesting.  I am an American recently living in Plovidiv. If you ever have any extra time when you are here, I'd like to invite you for coffee/beer. I do not have any insight to building here but Diana, my girlfriend is Bulgarian and from a village in the Balkin so he has knowledge of the area and speaks perfect "American" English, we are going to fix up her Baba's 100 year old house in the mountains for weekends.

Cheers,

Lawrence

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange your contact details via private messaging

Hello,

My names Kat, I'm a Researcher at Twofour, an award winning television production company based in the UK - http://www.twofour.co.uk/

We are in the early stages casting a brand new series 'Our Dream Hotel'. The programme will be focusing on individuals who are undergoing renovation/building work on what will become future accommodation. This will range from boutique hotels, B&B and guest houses to larger, more ambitious projects. We will follow the journeys of these projects, from renovation to opening -  in the similar style to Grand Designs.

Your plan to renovate a guest house in Bulgaria sounds interesting and it would be great to have a chat with you and find out more if the series sounds like something you might be interested in?

You can contact me via my email  - [email protected]

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Kind regards,

Kat

hello Kat and welcome on board

An advert in the Looking for testimonies in Bulgaria may help spread the word and help you find somebody willing to participate on your show.

Regards
Kenjee