I am interested to move to the Netherlands and work there

Hi all,

I am interested to move to the Netherlands and work there, however I am a bit afraid to move there without having a job. Is it difficult to find a job? Since I dont speak dutch?

Hello camilleriangel,

Welcome on board  :)

I created a new thread for you on the Netherlands forum so that you may get some hints about jobs.

I recommend you read the following thread, you will get relevant infos : Tips for getting your first job in the Netherlands.

Also you will find several jobs related articles in the Living in Netherlands Guide under the section work

For further advice, let us know in which field you are looking for work ?

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Welcome on board  :cheers:

Depends what kind of job you are looking for and in what area. Maybe you can give us more details so that we can help you better.

hi there are a lot of English speaking jobs,but being able to speak Dutch will help. However the first hurdle you have to get over is to obtain a work permit. Non-EU citizens will have to apply for a temporary work permit (mvv) which could take up to 6 months to get if your application is accepted. As I understand it you will have to apply for a mvv at the Netherlands embassy  in your country. You cannot work om a short stay visa. The ind.nl is the immigration department  website and is full of useful information.

yes i also same to you.

i am interested to move the Netherlands and work.

Hi Sabitri

I would suggest that you apply for the job before moving to the Netherlands to be able to avail of the 30% rule (if you think you are otherwise potentially eligible) as it will make a significant difference to your net income.

http://www.iamsterdam.com/en/local/offi … ent-ruling

Getting a job in larger international companies is definitely feasible without speaking Dutch, but smaller local companies or public-sector will generally not be possible.

Good luck and all the best
Mark

thank you for reply me .iam from Nepal.but i have no any idea how can i apply please help me and good suggestion.

I would like to know how long does it take to get sofii card am married to Hungarian but resident in Hungary and planning to move Amsterdam December. I speak English, French, Hungarian fluently...... Has someone any suggestions? Am a fast language learner

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please post in english only on this english speaking forum

Its the same as anywhere in that respect, look at websites of companies, monster.nl and linkedin & email lots & lots of CVs. Your applications will need to be in perfect english of course.

What do you do? (have you done before?)
Best
Mark

thank you mark

Hi,

This is Surya, looking to move to Netherlands and work there. please let me know if you can help me find a job in IT . I have over 11 years of experience in IT program, Release, Change and Operations management and have worked for many multi national companies at various critical roles.

Hoping I get some assistance from you... Thank you.