Life in Ghana - $2000 plus all benefits - deal?

Hello there,

I have recently been offerred by one of the company in Ghana, Accra. i was in discussion with them where they are offering me $2000 plus all the expat benefits like House, Car, School, Medical, Maintenence.

My wife & 2 kids shall be joining me later. so wanted to check that how much would be the minimum exp for Household acitivity, basis which i can plan to accept the offer or reject, considering the savings portion with which i have take care of my parents back home.

Please advise.

Thank You

Please look at other threads where the cost of living in Ghana is discussed. If your $2000 is just spending money then it is more than adequate for life here if you do not have a lavish lifestyle and you should be able to save

Thank You madam.

Hello rohinish

Threads from Cost of living in Accra as well as Everyday Life in Accra will help you gather some infos to best prepare your project.

Regards
Kenjee

Sounds like a good deal if they are giving you that on top of a home and a car?  Unless you live a lavish lifestyle you should not really have a problem.

Hi Rohinish,
Which sector of occupation is that your employer

I can best advice base on the occupational sector as well if is a good deal or NOT.

Regards,

Mike

basic domestic expenses in Ghana, hoovers between $700.00 USD to $5,000.00 depending on your life style and commitments, $2,000.00 is very basic salary with perks might only add another $1,000.00 for your domestic expenses, however a professional blue collar expat that is a graduated and has a lot of experience, could be paid a $6,000.00 plus the normal perks, however if he works on a financial institution or bank, that is the basic salary. on the other perspective Ghana is a very peaceful and work oriented country with great future.
Sincerely
Dr. S. Chancasana

$2,000? I wouldn't get out out of bed for less than $8,000

cost of living is quit high in Ghana if you are alone than U$ 2000 would be enough but if you are coming with a family that amount of money wont be enough because food is very expensive in Ghana that's if you are talking about a well balanced meal. for a country with such low wages its shocking how the cost of living is so high and I am not talking about luxuries its basic food stuffs that I am talking about.

if someone  is offered a job to come and work in Ghana a salary  between U$ 7000 and upwards with your employer paying your accommodation and transport would be worth the while to come to Ghana but if you only eat the local food which is quiet cheap and live in a small room and use the tro tros as transport than it can be very cheap to live in Ghana I am talking out of own experience.