Cost of living in Mauritius

hi Sumeet,

can you please email me the excel sheet that you have mentioned. I am from India, and will be travelling to Mauritius soon. And my family will be based in India. Obviously I would be sending money back to India, so the more i save here the more i can send back.

regards
Prasad Hiranwar

Guys,
those who are interested in the excel sheet, I appreciate if you could give me your email ID's where I can send you the file.

Thanks ;)
Sumeet RANA

[email protected]

Hello Julian,
I am new to this site. Thank you for all the helpful information.  When you cite costs in Rs, is this Indian Roupees?  If so, the costs compare very favorably to the United States.  For instance, 400 000 Indian Roupees for a small car? In the US a small car would cost the equivalent of around 730 000 Roupees.

How difficult is it to achieve citizenship?

Many thanks,

Guy

AviationLover wrote:

Hello Julian,
I am new to this site. Thank you for all the helpful information.  When you cite costs in Rs, is this Indian Roupees?

Hello There, not at all its Indian Rupees.. it's in Mauritian Rupees so don't get confuse mate!!

cheers ;)
Sumeet

Hi Sumeet,
Can you email the excel to me if possible. I will be moving to Mauritius coming January.

done, you must be having the excel in ur Inbox now.

All the best for your move and dont hesitate if u need any help...

cheers ;)
Sumeet !!

I sumeet, I would also request you to please forward me the Excel sheet for the cost comparison sheet for living in Mauritius. My email ID is [email protected]
And I would also like to know, Presently I am in Dubai. will it be good decision to come to Mauritius living the job here. I have $4000 USD Tax free offer from Mauritius. Here also I am earning the same amount. I need your advise. I would be thankful to you

Regards
Imtiyaz

Hi Imtiyaz, Sorry for delay I didnt notice your post mate.

Its must be now in ur inbox.
Tc
Sumeet RANA

(Moderated:  :offtopic: )

Thanks for your help my Id is xxxx
One company is offering me 30000 Mur.
Is it enough?

hi sssid,
I have already sent the file to you.

Btw 30K MUR is not enough salary, cost of living is expensive here.

all the best
Sumeet

Hi ssid,

For a professional, the minimum salary to obtain a work permit from Board of Investment is MUR 45k.  Am unsure, how 30k MUR is being offered to an expat should your occupation permit be applied for as a professional...

Expats on this blog, pls feel to correct me if I've missed the obvious....

Best regards
J T

Can I mail you?  What's your address?

CAJT wrote:

Hi ssid,

For a professional, the minimum salary to obtain a work permit from Board of Investment is MUR 45k.  Am unsure, how 30k MUR is being offered to an expat should your occupation permit be applied for as a professional...

Best regards
J T

FWIW: If you are in IT, Rs 30K can be offered for an Occupational Permit . Check the BOI site  ( assuming that it won't change should there be a new govt  after the elections)

Thanks for your feedback.  I am diploma electrical engineer.  They are hiring me as a maintenance technician.  If you please give me your email address I can send you more details.  May I mail you? What's your email address?  Which website you talking about?

External wrote:
CAJT wrote:

Hi ssid,

Best regards
J T

FWIW: If you are in IT, Rs 30K can be offered for an Occupational Permit . Check the BOI site  ( assuming that it won't change should there be a new govt  after the elections)

Yes External, completely overlooked it.. you have a valid point !!  :thanks:

link:  http://www.investmauritius.com/faqs/occ … ermit.aspx

Hi there,

first post and new here :) Been reading for a while since i got a job offer to move to Mauritius.

Please could you send me the excel sheet on the cost of living, need to do some research.
xxxx

Thank you :)

arfness wrote:

Hi there,

first post and new here :) Been reading for a while since i got a job offer to move to Mauritius.

Please could you send me the excel sheet on the cost of living, need to do some research.

xxxx

Thank you :)

Welcome to EB.

Whilst waiting for other members to assist you try this website for cost of living www.numbeo.com

This internet link doesn't concern Mauritius at all.

bahiabora wrote:

This internet link doesn't concern Mauritius at all.

says who?
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … Port+Louis

One can check for Curepipe or Grand Baie or Vacoas  :lol:
Now whether it reflects reality or not  is another issue

hi friend
i am a doctor GP and want to get a job in Mauritius
can u guide me ?
how is live costs for a family per month ?

hi I need one room set  urgent near bagatelle moka port Louis Qatar Bourne vacowas 2500 3000par month include

Hloo All,
I m a student and i want to go to Mauritius for my Masters Study(M.Com) Can u take ur precious time.and answer me that how much money needed to apply for study visa there helpp me .
Thanks in advance.

Hello,i have been thinking of studying in Mauritius.To be exact my campus is in  Quatre Bornes, I want to know as a student how much it might cost me for a standard living in  Quatre Bornes & to know if it is available to  have a part time job as an international student over there?

Any suggestion/Information would be much appreciated .Thanks for your time .

Hi Julien,
I came across some of your reply, I might need a car for about 2 to 3 months, as you mentioned Rs10,000 per month, so may I know which car and year please.might take it as from September 2015.thank you

Hi all. In terms of meeting the requirements to be ""self employed",- As i understand it, a TURNOVER of Rs 600 000 is required. This means that profit and or any Net amount (after tax) is irrelevant. Should anyone require more info I can email you a "self employed- handbook" which covers the necessary.

Please email me at ***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

Normal living in capital city of Mauritius for bachelor.

Simple food and acomudation

hello sir
            i am indian i will talk to lettle english speaking i will speak in fully hindi and marathi and i do work in mauritius country

Hi,

A very late entrant to the excel sheet goodie bag  ;)
I am from India and considering moving to Mauritius in say April/May.

Could you share the sheet with me as well?
I am a family of 3 and really need to weigh my options before deciding.

Thanks!

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security please do not share email address on the forum. You may use the private message system

Hi,

I also am considering to move my family and business to Mauritius. Could you forward me the excell file? Me E-mail is ************
Thanks!

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : do not post personal contact details here for your own security

Hi there,

I will be moving to Mauritius in the new year would you be able to forward me the excel spreadsheet please.

Hello there
I'm planing to move to Mauritius to start my owne business
I'm expert and I need to have all information regarding the cost of living and self employed and how to start my company
I'm planing to establish a cleaning services building maintenance
Then will start trading import and export could anyone tell me what is the goods needed in the cuntry that I can't start trading with how much capital I need
P's I'm marred and have one daughter 10 years old

Could you send it to my email **************

Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security
Hisham351 wrote:

Could you send it to my email **************

Done, check your email please
Sumeet

Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hello
Please could you forward the sheet to me as well. I am already in Mauritius.  **************

Thanks

barbara torrance wrote:

Hello
Please could you forward the sheet to me as well. I am already in Mauritius.  ***************

Thanks

Done, this file is purely hypothetical and may varies person to person.
I tried to update based out my experience.
I'll be available if you need some clarification.
Cheers
Sumeet

pls email the excel to me too. ***

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security

@olaogun

For security reasons it is unsafe to post contact details here on the open forum. Please use the message system for this.