Is there something positive you would like to share about Dominican R.

We all have bad moments, but let's not make these little challenges screw an entire beautiful day, and make your life insufferable. Focus in the positive. Replace the pity party for something more productive and positive, be thankful for what you have and count your blessings guys.

I do every single day!

Bob K

Me too.  While the little things  change daily,  living here is a wonderful adventure.   I said it before and I will repeat:  I love my life here!!!!

most dominican women, of all ages, educational and income levels, leave the top buttons of their blouse undone so that men can peer in and look at their half exposed breasts.

The fruit and weather is fantastic. The people are friendly. There is no traffic on the roads outside of the big cities. There are mountains and rivers.

In Colorado, you can't go in the river. It's too cold most of the time. In Thailand, you can't go in any rivers in 99%  of the place because of the pollution. You have to travel half the day to find the the nature areas and maybe there the waters are clean.

In the DR the rivers are clean except after rain in the mountains, and it's warm enough to go in year round. In Bonao, there are rivers all over the place. More good news - No Stasi extortionist cops giving you tickets because you parked your car in the wrong place, or for an expired meter. No license required to go to the rivers with your dogs. No off leash law either. No hassles about anything. Want to barbecue at the river. NO PROBLEMO!

The place is paradise!

While I'm on a roll . . . I am removing the old carpet from my car and replacing with brand new material. Including new material to re-wrap the steering wheel, drive shifter, etc. Cost of material for all of that was about $65. Labor will be about $208.

I bought new shocks, front and back including all 4 ball joints too. Labor to put all this in is probably no more than $100-$150.

How much would all this cost in the USA? A lot more than that! What's not to love!?

i like what you have to say about the rivers.  i would love to go to some place where you can jump into a river year around like you say.  there is a big problem in florida with these alligators roaming all over the place.  floridians have a real emotional connection to these dangerous creatures and don't get too alarmed over occassional reports that swimmers enter the water with their limbs intact and then leave one or two limbs behind when they exit the water. foridians will put down troublesome alligators so long as they are over four feet long, so if you have a run in with an under four foot alligator that wants to make trouble, you are pretty much on your own.

i do have a problem with your remark about dogs roaming around unleashed.  maybe you're a responsible dog owner and will keep an eye on your dogs but i think about this pit bull dog nearby who tore away from his owner in order to attack a harmless "watchdog" that used to hang around my building;  the owner was beating his dog with the metal leash to get him away from the other dog and it didn't work- eventually a guy on a motor cycle drove up to the pit bull dog and knocked him away from the other dog.  now what if a guy like this dog owner decides to go for a swim in the lake area?

what happened to the dog who was attacked?  he limped around in agony for a few days then died in the street.

i just don't get what is the meaning behind your post?  are you saying that things are bad in the dominican republic and we shouldn't let that get us down? 

i don't see you sharing "something positive" about the dominican republic in here.

All the dogs here roam around unleashed because they are street dogs. And they live on the streets. That's how it is.

I've only seen a pit bull dog on a leash walk around a few times in 8 months. Other than that, all the street dogs are more afraid of us and they are all friendly anyway.

I don't walk my dogs off the leash. Only in some areas like a park, neighbors yard or nature area that is away from things do I let them off the leash. The problem is I don't want them getting run over by a car or chasing other animals which they like to do. I also don't want them commingling with dogs that could be sick and contagious.

i remember when i first brought my dominican wife to the states back in 1987 and i took her to the supermarket;  she couldn't believe that americans have dogs living inside their home and that they fed them meat.