Moving to Malta

Hi folks, my name is Joe, myself and my wife are planning move to Malta to live and work. Hopefully moving around January. Was looking for info on which areas would be best for renting house, which would also be within commuting distance of areas where work would be available. I'm a qualified Motor Vehicle Mechanic, MOT Tester & Driving Instructor. I have checked already with Malta Transport Department and been told my UK qualifications are valid in Malta. My wife works as a private House Keeper. We are both willing to work outside of our professions if need be. At present we live in Aberdeen Scotland. Was planning to come over hopefully October time to look for house and work, before permanent move. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

i suggest you read the various topics asking similar questions - it all depends on your requirements though -

do you want north or south ? , what kind of place you looking for  - do you want sea views etc

Thanks for your reply, we're not expecting the ideal home on arrival, think it's more important to get work sorted, and live somewhere within reasonable distance of that. An apartment with two bedrooms to start is fine, view would obviously be luvly, but no expectations. As long as is clean, furnished & reasonable rent. Been reading on blog of paceville area, don't know where' that is but prefer not near there. Also we would like to take our dog with us, he's a Lhasa Apso, small, old and very well trained. So any hints about dog friendly let's also appreciated.I don't know which areas are more industrial yet which is why I'm planning trip over later this year, Just trying to gather as much info as possible before then.