Dioxins a concern in Danang?

Looking to visit and understand that dioxins left over from Agent Orange during the war have seeped in the ground and water supply.

Is this still a big issue today or has it largely been cleaned up?

goreme wrote:

Looking to visit and understand that dioxins left over from Agent Orange during the war have seeped in the ground and water supply.

Is this still a big issue today or has it largely been cleaned up?

Possibly the huge amount of rain we have here has probably diluted the dioxins over the last 40 years, there are still a few Agent oranges victims around, but the defects are most likely hereditary now. My province had received heaps, and the trees have all grown back now, ( I've seen photo's from the war ).
I'm more concerned with the millions of sewage septic  tanks in the ground now.

It's not an issue, AFAIK.

I am more worried about getting stomach ache when eating vegetables than anything else.
But if you hear or happen to know anything related to that, please post.

Came across this study which indicates consumption of "local high risk foods" increase dioxin intake

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25937204

Goreme,
Thanks for the link, I see the report is dated  2015 Jul;218(5):471-8. doi: 10.1016/j.ijheh.2015.03.014. Epub 2015 Apr 3.2015, but do you know if that was when the actual tests were done?

It can't have been too long ago as the study only entailed examining 40 food samples and interviewing 1000 households which could be done under 1 year.