I find people interested in cooking/baking and exchange language

Hello everyone,

A little bit about myself, I'm Trang, Vietnamese student living in Ho Chi Minh city. Since i have a gap year, i decide to make something funny and helpful for people and for myself. I share my cooking passion with all of you guys who are interested in, and also exchange language and culture. I know many expats want to learn how to cook Vietnamese food, learn Vietnamese so i post this topic hopefully receiving the support from you guys.

First, it's about cooking/baking. I'm very welcome all of you who love Vietnamese food  to my house, me and my mom will show you how to cook. Of course, I'm not professional chef, but what i have are 21 years living in Vietnam, eating Vietnamese food and passion in cooking. We can learn Vietnamese food together in my house (in Phu Nhuan district). It's a totally non-profit project, you gonna pay for all the ingredients, gas, electricity, water and clean up after cooking. I give you the place and lend you materials (pan, pot, oven, microwave oven, gas stove, spoon, bowl, dishes ... )  to learn cooking, and of course i will be there show you how to cook step by step. Beside Vietnamese food, i can share with you some Japanese desserts too. After cooking, you guys can eat together in my house or bring it home depending on your choice. I have to make it clear again its totally free, all you have to pay is your own food, i make no profit here.

Second, exchange language. I find expats who speak English or French (native) to exchange Vietnamese. We will study in my house (Phu Nhuan district, Ho Chi Minh city). I offer you a drink/cake, you come to my house. I have learnt English for quite a long time, so i need you help me in communication. About French, I had a book when i took a French class in Idecaf but i quit in the middle, so my French level is just a beginner now. I used to teach Vietnamese for a foreigner for 3 months, i have some Vietnamese materials on my laptop so i can teach you with that or you can bring your own materials. You will not pay anything for exchanging language.

If anyone have interesting to my offer or have any questions, leave the comments below or send me a private message, i will reply. Welcome all the expats.

Attention: You cannot drinking (alcohol) or smoking in my house

Trang

Hi Trang,

Thank you for proposing your help to our members, it is a nice idea :)

I might help you to accomplish it, i suggest you to post adverts with all your precision on the appropriate section which will give it better visibility and interaction.

Firstly for cooking class, you can post an advert on Cooking classes in Vietnam

For exchange language to drop an advert on  Language Exchange in Vietnam

Hope this helps

Thank you

Stéphanie

I'm interested. I'm a native English speaker from Canada and the USA, I also studied French 12 years through school in Canada (but haven't spoken it much since).

I also studied culinary arts in New York City-- American cooking with French method. It was mostly cooking but also some lower level baking/pastry. I also worked in restaurants in New York City for several years.

I've been looking or an opportunity to learn Vietnamese cooking; I really love eating it! =D

I'll send you a message with more details.