Organic cotton

Hello I am looking for an organic cotton supplier within Bali :)

Why?  The best cotton fabrics produced in Indonesia for a long, long time are those fabrics made from imported cotton, especially from the southern states of the US.

Indigenous local cotton is coarse and really not that desirable...think along the line of Sumba ikat blankets as just one example.

The absolute best, and most cherished batik sarongs made for the last 200 years in Java were either "painted" on imported cotton, or imported silk. 

I'm sort of inclined to think that those who insist on organic cotton grown in Bali are the same folks who insist that their homes be made of bamboo.  Here in Bali, the locals know far better...on both accounts.   ;)

Hi Wemb,

I am also looking for organic cotton suppliers as well as ethical production. We could team up in our search if you wanted?

Thank you for your response.. I am mainly looking for an ethical and organic supplier it doesn't necessarily have to be locally grown..

I would love to partner up in this search ☺

OK, well, since we've been down this road before in a previous discussion, you might want to have a read of this thread:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=154348