Any experience with KazPost?

Hi All, I have to send a courier to India. The courier will be of small weight and will contain only the photocopies of some documents. I find the rate quoted by DHL & Aramex (their partner company) expensive and was thinking about KazPost. I understand KazPost is a government service provider and hope to spend lesser amount with them.

Anyone has any experience of sending/receiving courier via KazPost? their service and Costs as compared to other private operators? Pls help.

Pls also provide if you have idea about less expensive but reliable couriers in Kazakhstan to send courier outside Kazakhstan.

Thanks!

hi i have successfully used Pony Express who are a lot cheaper than DHL

Thanks for the info. I will inquire the rate with them.

Photocopies?

I'd email them to someone back home, and get them to print them out and send them locally.

Exactly. How stupid I am not to think of the simple solution. :) And I would have done the same had they not required my signature on them! :)

Signed scanned copies are an acceptable way to do business these days.

I sign scan and email forms on a monthly basis. Perhaps contact whom ever you are sending the signed forms to and see if they will accept that.

stumpy wrote:

Signed scanned copies are an acceptable way to do business these days.

I sign scan and email forms on a monthly basis. Perhaps contact whom ever you are sending the signed forms to and see if they will accept that.

Thanks! Appreciate.

we do not notice the simplest solutions((is it possible through the post office to send flowers? or so they are not engaged?

Dont use ******** kaz pochta. It takes ages to send a letter from astana to atyrau

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : please mind your language !

KazPost is ok domestically (generally), but can be a nightmare both sending to and receiving from the outside world. You will need a grasp of Russian or Kazakh to operate the new KazPost system which now features a kind of delicatessen style "take a ticket" system, but without the simplicity of that system, to get served.

Cost for sending airmail parcels is relatively low, but there is no guarantee that the parcel will arrive inside one month, quite where the delay lies, I am unsure, but it seems to be the same whether to Australia, the UK or Switzerland (no idea for the USA).

The return trip for a simple letter from Australia can be up to six weeks (or not at all) ...

That said, however, receiving items via KazPost (unless you are in a major centre such as Almaty) rather than DHL, FedEx, UPS or other large delivery company incurs less paperwork, bureaucratic interference and clearance charges.

In 2013 KZ changed its method of handling items arriving through delivery companies and charges "nominal" clearance fees for documentation and bureaucratic interference.

This will result in something being flown from Frankfurt arriving in Almaty in 24-36 hours from time of order to you receiving a message (either SMS or e-mail in Kazakh or Russian) that you need to contact the company to fill out documents in Kazakh or Russian, provide a copy of your passport and deposit money into an online bank account ... then, perhaps, some days later (I have sometimes had to wait up to one month) the item may be delivered to you ...

Once upon a time, it was easy to have deliveries from OS to KZ, now, many companies that once delivered, now refuse to ... congratulations Kazakhstan, your bureaucracy wins again ...

I sent the parcel containing some documents having weight of 110 gram from Astana to New Delhi by using KazPost (Kazpochta) EMS (Express Mail Service by AirMail). It costed me 1140 tenge for the service, and additional 40 tenge for envelope which is roughly equivalent to USD 4.30

The price was too cheap and I was doubtful if I did a good thing.

I could track the mail online by using KazPost tracking link till the time it left Kazakhstan and by using India Mail's tracking system (being the destination country)once it landed in Delhi.

I had sent the documents on 1 October, and it landed in Delhi on 5 October. India Post did not update its tracking after 5th October but I received an email from my friend today suggesting that the parcel was delivered in last week itself (i.e. on or before 9 October).

So, As the documents were not so urgent and with the payment I made, the service of KAZPOST is ***** Excellent.

Since I know only the basic russian and most of the employees will be knowing only the basic english, and despite that the cooperation from Kazpost Astana located on Abaya Avenue in Astana was excellent. They were kind, patient and provided the information to me with best of their communicating ability.

High Five to them!!

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : mind your language on the Forum pls
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct