Employment Pass Rejected, Would The Letter Of Appeal Work?

Hi, I got an job offer from accounting firm in KL.
The company has processed the EP things for me,
but last week I was told that my EP was not approved so they submitted appeal letter for me.

because they're not sure if the letter of appeal would works, I'm little frustrated right now.
Also, even there are possibility of approval, I don't know how long would it take.

Does anyone have this kind of experience, and how long does your appeal takes?
Please help me.. Thanks in advance.

Additional info: I'm korean and it's been about 7weeks from the first EP apply.

In the field of accounting it would be very hard for a firm to justify hiring a foreigner. Did the firm say why the application had been turned down?  Most accounting firms are also too small to hire foreigners, e.g. they do not have sufficient paid up capital in their incorporation. Seven weeks is quite a long time and in my opinion a turn-around after such a long period is unlikely unless there are compelling reasons for hiring you.

Hi agree with above.

Accounting jobs are paid very bad in Malaysia and a popular career choice for Malaysians so no lack of supply. Hence getting an employment pass is extremely difficult.

If you are being paid less than 8k the paperwork is far harder and is suspect you are. Less than 5k you wont get an employment pass for accounting.

Thanks a lot for your advice!
Actually, because the accounting firm that offered me the job is one of BIG4(EY, Deloitte, KPMG, PwC), I guess it's not about the company size...
And yes, they told me the immigration office rejected my application because I'm fresh graduated.
Also, the position I applied is a supporting position for Korean Service, so they need to hire one who can speak korean very fluently.

But I see.. to sum up, normally getting work permit for accounting job is really hard,
and 7 weeks for processing is quite long period.

Thanks again, and if you'd like give me any comments or tips after reading this, please do so :D!

I have met people who have come on one year internal secondments among the Big 4 so it does happen. But being a fresh graduate is a major issue as to get an EP the rule is applicant must have 2-3 years' experience. So they may be applying under the wrong category.

There is an internship visa. If you take a look at this guidebook on page 24 it explains the route. It sounds like the company needs to revise the type of application they are making. It explains everything.

https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/esdguidebook.pdf

Well, you'll never know how much I feel thankful to you.
I think I need to check up and contact to them.
thank you so much! :top:

Hi they rejected you for a good reason as they should transfer a Korean speaking qualified accountant to Malaysia not be cheapskates and try to hire a new grad

I guess it is pwc for reasons I wont state as I would get banned lol. Those under 27 need extra paperwork and a good reason (except IT)