Expired student visa! help

Please, I need help. I was issued Vitem IV for 90days but my study duration is more than 90 days. When I got to brazil. I went to police federal and I told them everything with hope they will do the extension but unfortunately the counted the exalt 90days for and I got to know lately and the visa expired. I was told to go out brazil to get another visa. Fine. I have overstayed for some days now and I will like to ask if I pay the fine, am I going to have my passport stamped with overstayed? If yes , how many days/ months will take before I can enter brazil? Because study is currently going on. I need help?

Actually your problem stemmed from your lack of Portuguese, you really didn't seem to understand what they were telling you and now you are in a bit of trouble.

Everyone with a VITEM-V gets 90 days, and as long as they remain in the course it is renewable and you should have simply gone back before the expiry to get an extension.

You did not do that and since you are in an overstay situation the Federal Police computer system cannot now issue an extension. This is why you are going to have to make a "border run" to leave Brazil in order to obtain an exit stamp and new entry stamp.

I'd suggest that when you do pop out to one of the neighboring countries in order to do this, that you speak to the Federal Police Agent at the border BEFORE you leave, explain the situation and then follow exactly what he or she tells you to do. That may also help you avoid the overstay stamp in your passport.

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you. Please,  I desperately need a guideline on how to do this. I dn't know the neighbouring country to go or the border that will be easy for me. I understand little of Portugese. Beside this, my passport can not allow me to go to any neighbouring countries without obtaining visa . I have tried all I could to secure visa but the effort failed since I am irregular. Your assistances will be highly needed and guidelines because my studying is going on.

Please help Is highly needed. I do not intentionally violated the law. Has anyone solve this kind of problem and if yes how??

Sounds like you need to contact a lawyer that deals with immigrations issues. You should contact the Consulate-General of your country here in Brazil. They can advise you what you need to do and can provide you a list of lawyers here that speak your language, or English so you can get help.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team