Waiting time for spouse visa to join wife in UK

Hello All,
My Albanian boyfriend and I (British girl) will be marrying in Albania in about 6 weeks time.
We will then apply for a spouse visa so he can join me in the UK.
We meet the immigration requirements with regards to my salary etc.
However, he does have a criminal record in the UK.
He went to prison for 4 months as he had a fake passport/ID card.
He was an illegal entrant  in the UK and so after prison he was detained in a removal centre, bailed out then detained again!
Eventually we opted for voluntary departure and he returned back to Albania, buying his own ticket a few days ago.
Now he's busy seeing family and making wedding arrangements and we hope to marry within 6 weeks.

Anyway - my question now is how difficult will it be for him to get entry clearance to come to the UK?

I believe a few years ago money talked in Albania (please forgive me if I'm wrong), does the same still apply?

If not and we have to do things properly how long is it likely to take for him to be allowed to join me?

I already miss him terribly.

Thank you for your answers.

Ha. Just read this. Obviously it's censored. Ok, so he had an ID card that wasn't his basically

Dear ms Magoos

I am afraid I have bad news for you based on what you wrote about the status of your husband to be within UK legal laws.
Since he was illegal but he opted to a voluntary return he will not be allowed to be back in UK within 5 years. As per UK laws if an illegal person if caught by police will be automatically banned entering UK for 10 years.If he/she opt for voluntary return and cover all his/her expenses of the removal then he/she will be banned for entering to UK for 5 years alone.
Make sure to save all the paper work from Home Office which proves that he has opted for voluntary return. In many cases people ( like me) have opted for voluntary return,paid all expenses, just to find out at Tirana Airport that I have been listed/banned for 10 years to enter UK instead of 5 years. This was fault of Home Office and UK police but I did not care to  save my papers to  prove their wrong doings.

However - you give it a try girl.Wish you better luck.You will need it.However prepare yourself for the worst

i forgot : it does not matter if he get a clearance letter from the albanian authorities. It does not count for nothing. He is attempting to enter UK again and when this happen UK laws will kick in . It all depends what is in UK home office system. If the ban is there, nothing could help him unless he has a good lawyer and these things will take very long time. So my advice: do not do a big wedding yet..not just yet. :(

Save some money for a good lawyer -- possibly a British lawyer and possibly the one that are - No win no Fee. They will valuate your case and they will decide to take it or not. You will not pay a single penny unless you win. 

good luck

Thanks for ur answer. Oh no! U were in UK illegally too? We have been told by immigration caseworker he banned automatically for one year as a voluntary departure. And that if we marry this overturns any ban.
How sure are u?
Thanks

hi again
i was ilegall in UK for few years as my case never got approved and i did not gave myself in till i finished my studies which i already had started while i was waiting a decsion from the home office. the good news never come so i had not choice but to stay ilegall till i finished my studies while i was working

As far as I know the Ban is 5 years if you opt for voluntary option and pay all the return expenses. A case worker can tell many lies in order to get you deported because these guys are in commission for each case/deportation.Home office is full with pakis and indians which are more racist then hitler himself. Their goal is to deport any other nationality except of their own :( Unfortunately UK has lost its identity of being English.Asians are taking over and this is happening inside home office too.I have been in their offices many times and i know very well how system works.

Anyway - I hope the Ban has been reduced to 1 year and I hope your marriage will nullify the Ban.
Wish you all the best

You must've been here a long time. Your English is better than mine! 😁 true what u say about the Asians. Everywhere you go! And the removal centres are all foreign staff too.
He was in prison for 4 months for having an Italian ID card that wasn't real basically then he got sent to Dover irc then bailed to me and had to sign every week then detained again as they refused his claim to stay based on human rights. We tried to marry in the UK but he was detained before home office approved us. It's all about money. We spent lots already trying to get him bail and to marry; they took our money and you don't get refund! They make it so difficult here. He just wants to work and have a normal life. Here the EU lot come in and many don't work! And get this if I was Polish (for example) we could marry in UK despite him being illegal and he would get an eea family permit and be allowed to remain here, no questions asked! The UK laws are so fukd up!
So now what do u do? Where in alb are u?