Cost of living in Sudan

Hi everybody,

It would be very useful to talk about the cost of living in Sudan.

Don't forget to mention where in Sudan you are living.

How much does it cost to live in Sudan?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub

> price of the cinema

Do not hesitate to add items to this list!

Thanks in advance for your participation!!

hi
i live sudan capital khartoum ....
at the outset i would say khartoum is very safe place for anybody to live .....
offcourse as the country is tranforming is all aspect
it is very very expensive .....
u will have to spent anything b/n 25-30% of earning on house rent that is if u r looking for a furnished apartment...
but if u lucky have gud freind to share then it become affordable

i live in an area called ryaid
ryaid is one place where u have loads of expats living ..
ryaid is lovely place it has around 15 mega supermarket, lot of coffe cafe & eat out
but guys their a warning ...:cool:
if u visit coffee cafe every day may be u will finish salary is 15 day:)becoz decent place coffee could u 3$US
sudenese r very nice people

dear nags,

i'm planning to move to sudan, but i need some figures as renting a flat costs, renting a car costs in a good,green and safe area in khartoum, note for a couple

Hi,
a furnished apartment, 1 bedroom, can cost u from $400 up. unfurnished is of course cheaper. it also depends on the area that u will be staying in. most areas r safe here, tho few r actually green all year round :D
unfortunately, i cant help u on the cost of hiring a car.
good luck

Hi Kirah
happy new year.Do you need a roomate or you know someone who needs a roomate?

Ahshousha > please concentrate on the initial topic ;)

Kirah wrote:

Hi,
a furnished apartment, 1 bedroom, can cost u from $400 up. unfurnished is of course cheaper. it also depends on the area that u will be staying in. most areas r safe here, tho few r actually green all year round :D
unfortunately, i cant help u on the cost of hiring a car.
good luck

Hi, just wanna share my experience in Khartoum to help you somehow on your initial stay in Sudan, basically I would suggest the following areas mostly populated by expats;
1. Al Riyadh (near Airport)
2. Al Amarat (other side of the Airport)
3. North Khartoum (Al Safia)

Rates are variable, depending on the number of rooms and the furnitures that comes with it (furnished or semi-furnished).

To give you idea it ranges from SDG 1,500 to 2,500 (exchange rate = 3 SDG for a dollar)

There are lots of Rent-a-car in Sudan, for a Sedan 1.6 engine is leased SDG120 per day, Pick-up SDG 230, SUV SDG350....though it may vary depending on the age of the car.

im planing to work in one of the hospital in khartoum,i just want to ask if  700US $ is reasonable for me to consider the job.by the way im a filipino nurse.

camillearcedo wrote:

im planing to work in one of the hospital in khartoum,i just want to ask if  700US $ is reasonable for me to consider the job.by the way im a filipino nurse.

Would they be providing visa, transportation and accommodation? Otherwise this money will be worthless.

Will they be paying you $700 in USD or the equivalent in SDG? This is a HUGE difference, because USD = 2.67 SDG officially, but as of yesterday USD = 5.75 SDG in black market (4025 SDG versus 1870 SDG).

hello everyone am faris..i signed up for this site to tell u more about khartoum since i've been living in it most of my life.
khartoum is totally safe & the prices of living are good and suitable for everyone.
also there are many comfortable transportation systems that are reasonable in their price
especially cuz of the exchange amount of the us dollar to SDG
the school prices differ according to the school chosen...arabic government schools are like 2000 SDG max,while english schools can reach 7000 SDG
hope this helped...contact me if u need more info :)

Hi

I am from India .  I am considering an assignment in Khartoum . Company will provide family accommodation.

I want to know how much can be cost of living per month for 4 members. Also what is the total annual school fees in a standard English Medium School ?

Would appreciate if anyone can give the inputs.

Regards
Abhijit Saha