Marriage and Divorce- How much an Egyptian needs to pay settlement fee

Hi my egyptian boyfriend wants us to marry next year.
But he already has a Egyptian wife
i have said that i wil not marry until he divorces her.
It isnt a problem to him and he says he wil but he said he has to pay her a settlement fee to Divorce.
they have no children

How much would he have to pay?

sammya43 wrote:

Hi my egyptian boyfriend wants us to marry next year.
But he already has a Egyptian wife
i have said that i wil not marry until he divorces her.
It isnt a problem to him and he says he wil but he said he has to pay her a settlement fee to Divorce.
they have no children

How much would he have to pay?

he has to be single to marry a foreigner as you will not get a residency visa in Egypt if he has many wives.......just max. care there.

he paying game forget him better for u

Yes he intends to divorce first then wants us to get married.
im just asking roughly how much does he have to pay for a divorce and does it depends on the wealth of his family?

What game

Let me tell you that if he comes up with such as this stories about his current marriage claiming that he cannot divorce her due to high recompense ,or whatever is called, it doesn't sound OK for me. At all this is not your "business" ,you have nothing to be involved in this divorce detail, unless he makes that a  big issue in front of you to accomplish smthing from you. In Egypt things work like that: he get divorce first w/o to imply you then he will marry you. This money he has to pay her is not according to his family wealth, it"s just what is agreed between both of them,and he is conscious about this amount as long as he signed the marriage contract. Someone here said: it's a game, yes it sounds like a game. Why? cos a serious Egyptian man who wanna marry will never show off his future foreigner wife/partener a holding back his current marriage finding excuses to convince you to understand. I do advice you to look through FB groups where details like that are treated generously, closed and secret groups where women are allowed only, also plenty of legal info about these cases like yours. Please be informed before a marriage with an Egyptian. Consequences are even regretable than I could imagine. Let's say your Egyptian man is a serious one but before anything I strongly recommend you to read the other foreigners stories and try to figure out. I myself I was cheated and lied by one of these monsters.

He hasnt come up with a Excuse that he has no money to Divorce her. And he knows point blank i shant marry until he is a Divorce.
All im asking is how much roughly do they have to pay to Divorce in Egypt.

He is the only one who knows about this amount. It's not a standard fee. He is the one who can tell you.

sammya43 wrote:

He hasnt come up with a Excuse that he has no money to Divorce her. And he knows point blank i shant marry until he is a Divorce.
All im asking is how much roughly do they have to pay to Divorce in Egypt.

You can not tell unless you did not see the marriage contract. It could be 1 egp or it can be 1k egp, so we can not speculate ^^

Ok thank you
. He has told me £4,000 english he has to pay.
And i know you say be careful but he has never asked me for money x

He has to me £4.000 english pound

sammya43 wrote:

Ok thank you
. He has told me £4,000 english he has to pay.
And i know you say be careful but he has never asked me for money x

When I say that I didn't think about the amount he may ask from you,  although he will never say it directly, but I do think about other targets. If he told you this amount then this is what he has to pay. Anyway, every single detail about his marriage is stated on the marriage contract.

His words are its his Divorce so he wil pay for it.

I shant be contributing towards it in any way

Divorce settlment in Egypt goes by the Sharia law. It is not a fixed sum of money and its not a single payment.
First part he has to pay, is already stated  in the intial marriage contract. it is an amount agreed upon by both parties in case the man is the one asking for divorce.
The second part of the settlment is a monthly payment and will depend on alot of factors how many children, the cost of living the life style etc. this amount can be settled between both parties if no agreement is reached the court decides the amount based on the above factors.
I hope that helped.

Thank u
there are no children.
he pays his wife money each month now

If he is paying her now the monthly allowance. Then it boils down to what was agreed upon in the original certificate.

So once he pays final settlement he doesnt have to pay monthly payments as thats what he believes.

Also can he pay the settlement in installments?

Monthly settlment is an ongoing payment. It is an allowance for the divorcee and/ or her kids. It never stops. it starts the first month after the divorce. It only stops totally or partially when the divorcee remarry. If she has kids the allowance for the kids portion keeps being paid while her part of the settlment stops. If there is no kids the whole payment stops.
Regarding payin on installments, it can be left for both parties to deicde on payment terms. But if it goes to the court it needs to be paid in full. It is considered a financial obligation.

Ok so once he divorces and we marry payments stop?

No children

Thank you for the info

No no. Once the "divorcee". His x wife remarries and since she got no kids the payment stops. He still needs to pay if he marries or not. That has no relevance.

Oh your joking as he thought once his divorced he no longer had to pay his ex.
confusing stuff

If I was you, I would try to verify his story. Europeans are being tricked in the thousands by so many in poorer parts of the world. This is quite bizarre, considering the education levels in the West compared to the 3rd world. One would think they should know better than to fall for pathetic scams, but many actually don't. Actually if I was you, forget about verifying his story.. I would run a mile! It's not at all un-usual for them to "divorce" their partner, in order to "marry" a Westerner. Then once they have established residency abroad, re-marry their original partner, and bring them over to live with them. Their partner and family are all in the plan as they obviously benefit from this arrangement. Has happened numerous times. It's also not un-usual for them to later on ask for financial contribution towards the so-called divorce or whatever "obstacle" there is to the "marriage". The Westerner in their bid to get married to them, coughs up the requested amount, only for it to have been entirely based on a lie. My roots are North-Africa, but I have lived in Europe all my life. Let me tell you something.. things are very different between both continents when it comes to trusting what is being said. For example, in Europe, lying about a divorce is un-heard of. However, in Africa, it's done plenty of times for immigration/financial purposes. Think twice, no three times, nor actually 10 times before you involve yourself with someone from the 3rd world. You're British and they are especially sought after for visa reasons!

sammya43 wrote:

Oh your joking as he thought once his divorced he no longer had to pay his ex.
confusing stuff

Not really confusing. Simply two payments. One lumpsum at the very begining. Then monthly payments there after.

razaq1 wrote:

If I was you, I would try to verify his story. Europeans are being tricked in the thousands by so many in poorer parts of the world. This is quite bizarre, considering the education levels in the West compared to the 3rd world. One would think they should know better than to fall for pathetic scams, but many actually don't. Actually if I was you, forget about verifying his story.. I would run a mile! It's not at all un-usual for them to "divorce" their partner, in order to "marry" a Westerner. Then once they have established residency abroad, re-marry their original partner, and bring them over to live with them. Their partner and family are all in the plan as they obviously benefit from this arrangement. Has happened numerous times. It's also not un-usual for them to later on ask for financial contribution towards the so-called divorce or whatever "obstacle" there is to the "marriage". The Westerner in their bid to get married to them, coughs up the requested amount, only for it to have been entirely based on a lie. My roots are North-Africa, but I have lived in Europe all my life. Let me tell you something.. things are very different between both continents when it comes to trusting what is being said. For example, in Europe, lying about a divorce is un-heard of. However, in Africa, it's done plenty of times for immigration/financial purposes. Think twice, no three times, nor actually 10 times before you involve yourself with someone from the 3rd world. You're British and they are especially sought after for visa reasons!

that's exactly what I tried to explain above. At every few days I read a new scam story on FB.

I understand there are many who are after Money and a visa into the uk.
but he has not once asked me for a penny and is adamant that he does not want to live in the uk.
he wants me to move to Egypt.
im not wealthy in any way and he knows that.

Why does everyone assume that all Egyptian men are the same?

Theres good and bad in every race

Stereo Typing every Egyptian is wrong

sammya43 wrote:

but he has not once asked me for a penny and is adamant that he does not want to live in the uk.

Because I know all the tricks they use. No one is stupid enough to request for money early on, as it scares the person away. Also no one is stupid enough to talk about a visa, and living abroad, as again, it scares the person away. This is called common-sense. You simply don't talk about anything that may lead to suspicions about their true motives. You avoid it - not hard.. So of course anyone sensible will say they don't want to live abroad, and don't ask for money early on. At the end of the day, they know full well that it's not practical for you to live there for many reasons. They know that you will end up having no option but to find a way to bring them over to live with you.

sammya43 wrote:

Nothing to do with that. It's simple advice - take it or leave it.

Regards

razaq1 wrote:
sammya43 wrote:

Because I know all the tricks they use. No one is stupid enough to request for money early on, as it scares the person away. Also no one is stupid enough to talk about a visa, and living abroad, as again, it scares the person away. This is called common-sense. You simply don't talk about anything that may lead to suspicions about their true motives. You avoid it - not hard.. So of course anyone sensible will say they don't want to live abroad, and don't ask for money early on. At the end of the day, they know full well that it's not practical for you to live there for many reasons. They know that you will end up having no option but to find a way to bring them over to live with you.

.....and that's it.

razaq1 wrote:
sammya43 wrote:

Regards

Its quite baffling you say that sterotyping every egyptian is wrong, then you jump head on in sterotyping.
People divorce and remarry everyday all over the world. Of course some would fall for scam artists but then again it happens all over the world.
problem with online forums that people with the bad story would come and tell it while people with the good stories dont bother to post. Its as simple as the business rule " one unhappy customer will tell a 100 people, while a satisfied customer will tell no one".

I have not once asked for a Opinion to weather i think his after money or a Visa or weather i should trust him or not!!!!!

I just asked what the Divorce Procedure is in Egypt and the Settlement fee

sammya43 wrote:

I have not once asked for a Opinion to weather i think his after money or a Visa or weather i should trust him or not!!!!!

I just asked what the Divorce Procedure is in Egypt and the Settlement fee

.....and I think you got all the answers you were looking for. The rest are just advices you may want to pay attention or no. Only up to you!

Obviously some very Bitter victims on here same as fb.

Good and Bad in every Race

That is all and to the people who did give me geniune replys to what i actually wanted advice on Divorce and Settlement Fee
thank you

sammya43 wrote:

That is all and to the people who did give me geniune replys to what i actually wanted advice on Divorce and Settlement Fee
thank you

You are welcome!

That is true what you say.

I was just asking the procedures to divorce in Egypt that was all.

Then i get people jumping the gun but they have obviously had bad experiences with Egyptian men

yes true

sammya43 wrote:

Then i get people jumping the gun but they have obviously had bad experiences with Egyptian men

Okay relax...

- I have never been in a relationship with an Egyptian.
- I'm a male. What bad experience with an Egyptian man are you talking about? Lol. I'm not into that type of relationship. Plus it's probably not legal in Egypt! So you're very wrong. You obviously immediate jumped into the conclusion that I'm a female who got tricked by an Egyptian, and here to let it be known to all. Nope, couldn't be further from the truth. I'm neither female, nor ever had a relationship with an Egyptian, but I know plenty of them personally.

razaq1 wrote:
sammya43 wrote:

Okay relax...

- I have never been in a relationship with an Egyptian.
- I'm a male. What bad experience with an Egyptian man are you talking about? Lol. I'm not into that type of relationship. Plus it's probably not legal in Egypt! So you're very wrong. You obviously immediate jumped into the conclusion that I'm a female who got tricked by an Egyptian, and here to let it be known to all. Nope, couldn't be further from the truth. I'm neither female, nor ever had a relationship with an Egyptian, but I know plenty of them personally.

No,no. She is focused on me now. It's not about you! She sent a message on private hence I told her to write on forum if she has smthing against me, well she's venting herself touching her nose. All that for me.

scot34 wrote:
razaq1 wrote:
sammya43 wrote:

Regards

Its quite baffling you say that sterotyping every egyptian is wrong, then you jump head on in sterotyping.
People divorce and remarry everyday all over the world. Of course some would fall for scam artists but then again it happens all over the world.
problem with online forums that people with the bad story would come and tell it while people with the good stories dont bother to post. Its as simple as the business rule " one unhappy customer will tell a 100 people, while a satisfied customer will tell no one".

Please pay attention... I was quoting her. I didn't say that.

There are many people who for reasons of pride, won't want to let the whole world know that they have been scammed. That someone out there has gotten the better of them. So as such, many won't post their stories online. I can imagine there is many many silent victims out there for that reason among many. I certainly didn't let everyone know when someone tricked me into buying a fake product - the reaction would be - what a gullible fool he is! And rightly so! I would prefer not to let people know of my stupid actions. And so do many. Accept their mistakes and move on. Plus posting online and talking about it just reminds you of your ordeal. Best forgotten and left in the past. Which is another reason they remain silent.

sammya43 wrote:

thank you

Oh for crying out loud, he lives in Egypt. He is the one married to her. He should know all about the divorce procedure, costs and so on. If he doesn't, it's his job to find out about HIS divorce. Here you're, asking us about things he should know about, or go bloody find out! Divorce and settlement fee is something that should concern him enough to figure out how to deal with it. It seems like he is expecting you to help him in this.. knowledge, possibly financial in the future or whatever. Sad.

Closed