Marriage between Filipino muslim to a non muslim Filipina in KSA.

Good day everyone.
I would like to seek some information and advise regarding how to get married between a muslim and non muslim here in Saudi Arabia. My boyfriend is a new Muslim as he loves to embrace the Islamic culture while me is a Christian woman who doesn't want to get converted in Islam. We been together for 3 years and planning to get married here in Saudi Arabia. He lives in Khobar and im in Riyadh. Can we get married in Islam even if im not a muslim? This matters is very confusing to us. can anyone here gives us advice? Any way we are both Filipino..:)

thanks..

This has been covered numerous time.

You need to convert to marry him.

hamudi wrote:

I beg a question of you.
As I understand Islamic law, a Muslim man may marry a non Muslim woman, but not the other way around.
Is Saudi law the same as Indonesian law, where the couple MUST be of the same religion?

Fred wrote:
hamudi wrote:

I beg a question of you.
As I understand Islamic law, a Muslim man may marry a non Muslim woman, but not the other way around.
Is Saudi law the same as Indonesian law, where the couple MUST be of the same religion?

Courts in KSA serve Muslim to Muslim marriages only following the Sharia laws. Both of them must be Muslims.

According to Islamic Law a Muslim man can marry either a Muslim, Christian or Jew female if her belief is on One God; not multiple. However, not vice versa.

It should be the same in Saudi Arabia but can't confirm. Better to ask some lawyer.

Just came across the following link. Check the first query and answer. It should fulfill your question  :top:http://www.arabnews.com/node/218317

skhurram007 wrote:

Just came across the following link. Check the first query and answer. It should fulfill your question  :top:http://www.arabnews.com/node/218317

ummm...I just read a few lines, it's boring...but the court requires both man and woman to be muslim.

what TLL said.

Dear,

I think you found it too boring. Otherwise first few lines actually confirms that it is allowed.

Tell me a place where a Muslim male marriage with Christian or Jew female is prohibited; including the posted link.

skhurram007 wrote:

Dear,

I think you found it too boring. Otherwise first few lines actually confirms that it is allowed.

Tell me a place where a Muslim male marriage with Christian or Jew female is prohibited; including the posted link.

oh don't dear me....go search my posts and I've claimed it way back that as long as the person is Christian, jew etc the marriage can be done. That's not the point

Point is Saudi court allowing it...gosh...

hamudi wrote:

That is the main thrust of the thread, but I was interested if they follow Al Qur'an to the letter, or if they went further, restricting all mixed marriages in Saudi law.

It seems the latter is the fact of things over there.

Fred wrote:
hamudi wrote:

That is the main thrust of the thread, but I was interested if they follow Al Qur'an to the letter, or if they went further, restricting all mixed marriages in Saudi law.

It seems the latter is the fact of things over there.

Yep, there is always some rule to the exception

yes, you can marry him for sure . I'm sure 99%

alharba wrote:

Good day everyone.
I would like to seek some information and advise regarding how to get married between a muslim and non muslim here in Saudi Arabia. My boyfriend is a new Muslim as he loves to embrace the Islamic culture while me is a Christian woman who doesn't want to get converted in Islam. We been together for 3 years and planning to get married here in Saudi Arabia. He lives in Khobar and im in Riyadh. Can we get married in Islam even if im not a muslim? This matters is very confusing to us. can anyone here gives us advice? Any way we are both Filipino..:)

thanks..

no you cannot, you have to convert, if you want to get married, Philippine Court. you can do it at the embassy or the consulate.

Since you are both Filipino.. Suggest you go to the Embassy and get married under Muslim Law since he is Muslim.. They may know better on how to properly arrange for your wedding.

Welcome !According to Islamic sheriah (law) a Muslim man can marry to a non-muslimah(including Christian)  if she believes in God n  the past holy books (kike Taurat,Zaboor,or Injeel) even if does not  revert to Islam. But at the same time you have to follow country law.Here in the Saudi courts (Mahkamah) marriage department deals with Muslims expatriates marriages and issue the marriage certificate.You have to appear (along with necessary documents and witnesses) before the court with all necessary requirements and show your willingness.For more detail contact with that department.(Allah knows the best)  Good-luck n wish you happy married life. :cheers: