Please help...need information to get a residence visa in france.

Hello everyone,im a new member here.i am hoping that someone can give me advise about my situation.i am a filipina and wants to live in france for good with my son.i had a french boyfriend and have a son from him but suddenly he broke up with me.the good thing is he still willing to bring me to france with his son.because he wants his son will be close to him.so now what kind of visa i need to apply for me to be able to stay a long period of time in france with my son.i am really hoping that someone can give me good information here.thank you and GOD BLESS....

Because you have a son together, doesn't mean you have the right to live in France. You're in a rather awkward situation. Generally, the easiest way would be to get married, so that you could get a visa as the spouse of a French national. However, that means living together, being in a relationship together, etc. If you guys are already broken up, getting married for the sake of a visa is a very dangerous way to go. If the authorities catch on to your relationship no longer being genuine, the results could be dire.

Was your son born in France or in the Philippines? Do you have a livret de famille or at least a birth certificate that proves said boyfriend is the father of your child? The thing is, as the son of a French national, your son has the right to live in France as a citizen (assuming you have proof of the father being French). You don't.

You could apply for a long stay visitor visa, and live in France using that, just not changing your status, and renewing it every 6 months or every year (it depends on the consulate). However, that would in all likelihood mean being financially dependent on your boyfriend who at any time could change his mind about supporting you, and putting you in a very poor financial position.

You could try applying for an au pair visa, but that wouldn't be a long term solution. The same with a student visa, not to mention that you'd again probably have to be dependent on your boyfriend financially supporting you.

I wish you the best of luck, but there's no easy solution for your situation.

Thanks julia for this info.about getting married just to get us a visa,i think it's not possible anymore,because he went back to his ex-girlfriend.the baby was born here in philippines my ex bf will be here this coming friday to acknowledge the child on his birth cert. that he is the father.so that the baby will be officially his son.about the livret de famille we dont have it yet.i heard that we need to go to the embassy to register the baby.and about the au pair visa i think i am not qualified to apply for that because of the age limit.i made a little research at the same time.i hope long stay visa will be ok for us.i am still hoping that there will be an easy solution.thanks again julia...take care GOD BLESS YOU...

yes shes right  it would be difficult for you.there i no residence visa only tourist visa or spouse visa. tourist visa requiresmany things finacially and  properties if you have .but im not sure if they will allow you to go in france even if you have son from him coz the problem is you dont lived together niether married it would be impossible. and even they dont accept marriage blanc it would be  good..anyway goodluck

hello, i am sorry to hear your story, it is difficult, the only way i know is to request a visit visa, family visit, there will be option where you can explain that your visit is for the sake of the child, but it wont be a permanent one, you have to apply visa time after time. Have you check to French embassy in Manila?

KInd regards,
Gabrielle

Thanks for the comment....i am still collecting more informations...i will never lose hope it is not for me it is for my son.i want him to have a good future and i know his dad want that too.that's why even we are not together anymore he still want to get us.thanks for your time...take care and GOD BLESS YOU...

Hello gabrielle,thanks for the comment.if it's visit visa then we will just try our luck.i know GOD has a plan for me and my baby.we dont go to the embassy yet.my ex bf will come soon.so maybe we can organize to go to embassy.i am really hoping that things will go well for us.GOD BLESS...

Yess... my husband is French, we got married in France, it was not easy as the mairie asked for unnecesarry papers but we got through it. I would like to hear from you, as it will give me more infos too, if you dont mind..  :) 
i do wish the best solution will come up for you and your son.. dont lose hope  ;)
If you need any more info please dont hesitate to add me to your contact and we can share via private messages.
God bless you.

Kind regards,
Gabrielle.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links on the forum not authorised.

I already joined your group.just waiting for your group to accept.thank you...GOD BLESS ..

Hi,
Try to get a student visa and afterward, it can change to long time residence. If you can get into a good 1-year masters, you can finish it, look for a job for one year and most likely, stay in France or elsewhere around here. 
I am also Asian, with two masters from Europe and am in education. Welcome to ask me for more info if this option interests you!
Best wishes,
Vs