Moving to China

l am a Pharmacist here in Nigeria with Masters in Public health. My fiancee is a pharmacy student at Shenyang University part 2 precisely. She ll be coming home l mean Nigeria for her wedding. l wish l can move to China with her after the wedding but lm not sure of how to go about it and not sure of how to survive in china in terms of jobs and opportunities. Please enlighten me.

Hi oloyededayo,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

For a good start, i would invite you to have a look at the New China online guide.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thanks Priscilla, but do you think l can get a job in Shenyang that ll sustain my wife n I at least till d end of her program knowing fully well that l cant speak chinese

Hi oloyededayo,

It's a bit difficult for Priscilla to reply your question "if you can get a job..." but you can have an idea with our article The labor market in China.

For your difficulty of language, i suggest you to post an advert on the link below to learn Chinese language :

> Language classes in China

> Language Exchange in China

Thank you

Stéphanie

To work in China generally you need to provide a skill which cannot be provided by a Chinese worker. If there is a shortage of available candidates in your profession it may be possible but unless you speak the language it is unlikely. You will need a job offer from a company or organisation registered to employ foreigners who will then provide you with the means to obtain a Z visa.

I would have thought that your only options are to contact the International Hospitals/Clinics and see if any of them need a Pharmacist.

I have a horrible suspicion that (if you are lucky) the best you will be able to do is to find a job as a Pharmacist in an International Hospital/Clinic in Beijing.

The good news Beijing- Shenyang is a far shorter flight/distance than Shenyang - Nigeria