Health insurance in KSA

Hi guys,

How does health insurance work in KSA? What tiers are available and what do they contain more or less?

I just got my card and it says VIP+. I assume that that is good, but which tiers/schemes are there?

VIP+ is the best tier anyone can have. Extensive list of hospitals (including VIP hospitals) and max financial coverage are there. Check out the brochure that came with the card, it has list of all hospitals and ceiling (financial) values.

The lowers are (usually) VIP, A, B. C etc etc
Some companies call them Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze etc.

Wooow, thanks mate! You are truly a legend! I was trying to Google which tiers there were, but couldn't find anything. But good to know. So if something would happen I can chill then in a 5 star Hospital. Good to know!

Any idea's which hospitals are really good? I will check whether my insurance company has an agreement with them, just in case.

Once again, thanks!

Sulaiman Habib Hospital and Saudi German are two of ViP hospitals in Riyadh.
There are other good one as well e.g., Specialized Hospital, Dallah, Hammadi.

Before you ask: based on my experience, I'd rate Sulaiman Habib and Specialized the highest.

Dallh at Alnakil, is a good hospital with high quality of health care, VIP is the highest coverage you can get and your co-payment is zero all the time

Lucky you.

R.

Damn Saudi (Egyptian) German hospital is VIP didn't know that.

Anyways, good luck man, always hope you don't need to visit the hospital.

legallegal2007 wrote:

R.

??? :unsure

To be honost, now that I will be vip, i don't mind going to a hospital :P.. Thanks guys for the input. I hope someone can benefit from this thread as the various tiers of insurance is not clear to a lot of people.