English in Bologna!

I live with my Italian wife on the outskirts of Bologna, we're located pretty much between the Ducati factory and Lambourghini factory. I've been here a year now and have Italian friends, it's been a blast,  but  i would be interested in meeting up with English expats. I'm real interested in getting their perspective on Italy.

Cheers

John

Hi John

I dont know if you still sign in on this site as i am replying to a post from 2 years ago. I live in Budrio a samll town outside bologna after castenaso. I live here with my boyfriend and have been here for 3 years. My views are always changing i miss english company and humour i guess.  it-s taken ages to get the language to a reasonable point. Im more creatvies than academic, which is odd becuase i have fallen into teaching English out here.  Althought i like it here i do always feel the need to have more English friends as right now i only have one English firend who lives in a nearby village. 

Are you still living near Bologna, how are things going for you

Look forward to hearing from you

Regarda

Sophie

hello Sophie!

My wife and I are planning to move to Italy when we retire next year and I would like to teach english to earn a little extra cash - but more to have a meaningful connection to the community. I would love to talk with you by telephone about the credentials I need, how to obtain employment (on the books or not) etc. Would it be possible to talk? John Black, Washington, DC 202.234.3111 - or, may I call you?

Hello Sophie and welcome to Expat.com!

Regards,
Harmonie.

Hello,  I live in Tuscany in the mountains with my husband and 14 year old son, we relocated from London 5 years ago.  We run courses in Tibetan Buddhism and have people visiting us from all over Northern Europe and Scandinavia. We are only an hour and a bit from Bologna   and it is always nice to meet more English people. [Moderated: No free ad on the forum]