1450 euros/net salary

I am considering moving to Brussels for a net salary of 1450 euros. I would like to know if that is enough to rent a small apartment for 2 people, with at least one bedroom, pay the bills and live properly. The company offers meal voucher (5 euros/day) and health insurance. I would prefer to live in a calm location that didn't take me more than 1 hour to get to Ixelles. I was thinking about a place like Woluwe-Saint-Pierre, with parks and lots of green. Does anyone know how much I would pay for public transportation if I lived in a place like that or how much it would cost to live there? Thank you in advance for any advices!

wz88 wrote:

I am considering moving to Brussels for a net salary of 1450 euros. I would like to know if that is enough to rent a small apartment for 2 people, with at least one bedroom, pay the bills and live properly. The company offers meal voucher (5 euros/day) and health insurance. I would prefer to live in a calm location that didn't take me more than 1 hour to get to Ixelles. I was thinking about a place like Woluwe-Saint-Pierre, with parks and lots of green. Does anyone know how much I would pay for public transportation if I lived in a place like that or how much it would cost to live there? Thank you in advance for any advices!

Welcome to the forum.... :) 

For accommodation costs please read through the rentals advertised in the housing section in the green banner at the top of this page. Reading the prices there I think your salary may be too low.

For cost of living go to the forum categories list on the upper right hand side of this page, select cost of living, open it and rad through the posts there. Also check www.numbeo.com

Hi wz88,

To be frank with you, come and settle down in Belgium in family with this salary, you'll have difficult. You can already forget the region to which you think. So you can establish a viable rental budget, we need you to go following the principle of 1/3 pay for housing, 1/3 of salary for monthly charges, 1/3 for all the rest ...