Antalya and Istanbul, any advice/ recommendations ?

Hi Everyone! I am a 26 year old American woman looking into a move to Turkey to teach English. After spending 6 months in Italy, I knew I wanted to go back abroad and I've always wanted to visit Turkey.  I am between Antalya and Istanbul. I have been to neither and very excited about the opportunity.

I would love to connect with any expat's in the are to get a first-hand look at life in those two cities and any advice/ recommendations you may have.  Thanks!

--Haley

Hi Haley,
Depending on where you lived in Italy, you might really like Istanbul.. as it is a really crowded place and temperament wise, almost the same. Well, that's my observation at least as a foreigner and a traveler .. Antalya is a comparatively quieter place..

Connecting with expats is pretty easy in both cities. Also, here is a link with some tips for new comers from various expats, they should be ample helpful...

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 41#2474451

Good luck!
Zeeshan

hspctor wrote:

Hi Everyone! I am a 26 year old American woman looking into a move to Turkey to teach English. After spending 6 months in Italy, I knew I wanted to go back abroad and I've always wanted to visit Turkey.  I am between Antalya and Istanbul. I have been to neither and very excited about the opportunity.

I would love to connect with any expat's in the are to get a first-hand look at life in those two cities and any advice/ recommendations you may have.  Thanks!

--Haley

Also, this thread will give your friend an idea about living cost in Turkey

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=439096

hspctor wrote:

--Haley

Hello there Haley and Zeeshan,

First of all welcome on board Haley  :)

A new thread has been created from some of your posts on the Turkey forum for better interaction.

Hope it helps,
Bhavna

Great, Bhavna! : )

Bhavna wrote:

Hello there Haley and Zeeshan,

First of all welcome on board Haley  :)

A new thread has been created from some of your posts on the Turkey forum for better interaction.

Hope it helps,
Bhavna

Hi Haley,

Istanbul is greater city in turkey in terms of population, industrial and job oppurtunities.

Antalya is small city and its economy depends on turism and agriculture.

You will find lots of schools, universities in which students may need support to improve their english in İstanbul, in addition, many people from
Private sector needs to improve their english to maintain their jobs.

İ would suggest you coming to istanbul due to high potential of oppurtunuties, but if you like being in quite and nice city, rather than very hectic istanbul, of course Antalya could be one of option...

Regards

Hi haley . How are you. I just let you know and advice to come in Istanbul.  Cause it is big city and you can find everything there what you like and I know very busy place. But you will love and  won't miss your home ( I know how is chiago ) ofcourse Antalya is also most beautiful place relax but not like Istanbul.

Thank you all for the advice and help! :)

No problem. Good luck.  : )

hspctor wrote:

Thank you all for the advice and help! :)

Hi

We are an Iranian family, if you are comming to Antalya , let me know before.